Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Cannot use device [...] too much power

Well... I found something new out tonight.

The Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter I bought specifically to transfer files from a computer to my iPhone (and vice versa) only works with 8GB thumb drives or less.

As I've been using a Transcend 8GB flash drive (which is current unavailable on Amazon) to go back and forth between devices, I didn't put anything past the Apple adapter not working. 

Because it's been solid. I've just had to plug in a power source because I've gotten the "Cannot use device. Jump Drive uses too much power" pop up without attaching my charger to my phone. 

Okay, fine. I usually am by a charger anyway.

So.. tonight I pull out a Sandisk Cruzer Blade (16GB) thumb drive because it was closest to me (the Transcend is on my key ring for work). Put the Blade in the adapter, immediately get the "too much power" message.

Yes.. It was plugged in.. to the USB port on my laptop.

Get up, try plugging in a different lightning cable... into an Apple charging brick... in a wall outlet... and still, "too much power".



No... no more power. I'm using what I have.. what the Apple charger plus brick is made for. 

And still... I need more.

So this means any size bigger than 8 gigs can't be used in this adapter because the higher the number, the more juice is needed. 

Which begs the question:

What do you do if you have a couple large files that need transferring?


Actually... if you have several 8GB+ files on your phone, what size iPhone are you rocking out to?????



I guess be careful what you're doing with all the tech toys?


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!