Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, February 7, 2022

There's something in the skies...

Today was one of those days where I had to be at work at the crack of dawn to reset a building from an event over the weekend. 

As I'm quickly resetting a smaller room (in my main building) before I head into the facility, I was looking outside and there was this strange blue glow in the distance. Not knowing what it was, and trying to see it from the angle I was at, I ended up on the 8th floor of an adjacent complex. 

The glow was definitely weird. I can't explain it, except the pictures I'm going to post are facing Fort Myers Beach area. To the right is Sanibel and Captiva (I've posted previous pictures of the Causeway going to Sanibel). You can see everything is clear enough, where in the far distance on the right hand side, there are buildings washed out in bright light. Those are hotel towers. I worked at the one main hotel and the towers next to it is a condominium high rise. The blue bowl on the left is towards the Beach and I really don't know what it is and why it is. Even the person I was with, couldn't explain it. I just know I've never seen something like that before. 

My challenge is, even with an iPhone 11, the third picture shows a string of lights. Is it a constellation? Is it my moving my hand while I was taking the picture? If the entire photo is in focus, how can I explain the light trail? The phone can be a damn good picture taker, especially for night mode, but it doesn't allow me to filter everything out and elaborate enough to explain the formation.

See for yourself. The only thing I did was put my name on the pictures in Photoshop.





So again, with everything in good enough focus, how can I reasonably say it's my imagination? Is something out there? Was it maybe an electrical problem in the distance (transformer blowup)? 

If that's the case, I really don't think that the light spread would be that big, especially in that shape. And, how do you explain the buildings in the distance being so lit up? Okay, so we had a little morning fog, but it wasn't dense enough to cause that type of filtration. Look at the foreground; everything is crisp and clear. 

Maybe someone needs to call the Agents Mulder and Scully....





Cheers;







See also (aka links via Amazon):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!