Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Cos I gotta have faith!

No, not in the religious or relationship realm (much to the disadvantage of one George Michael or John Hiatt... which the former was the one that popped in my head first), in the context of "trust what the thing you buy is doing".

Last week during Prime Day, I ordered six things (seven if you count one as 'quantity - 2'):

As pictured with the links, I've received all the decals. I'm waiting on the ink. They scanned in crooked, but you get the point.

I do have to say, they are just as expected with the exception of the "Dare to be yourself" decal. I like it, don't get me wrong. It's something new and different for raising awareness, but I wasn't expecting the color saturation to be a smidge off with it. Close up, it looks like the outlines of the skeletons plus the color of the one dabbing seems as if they had a smaller image file and didn't convert it to the 6x6 size they needed. Picture quality isn't the best on it, as well as the background is white while the sticky back is grey. I was thinking it would have been transparent like the other ones I purchased (notice they are all white with a blue background? The blue background is the sheeted transparency back, while the white decal can show through it. The white decal is the peel off part). I didn't think this one through. I'm still going to put them on my car when the time comes, but I think I'm going to need to read through the descriptions better the next time I order something I'm not used to. Especially since the film the Dare one is printed on, seems flimsy as well. 

I hate to make it sound like I regret this purchase, because I don't. It's something new and different for what I want to support and it's just me being nitpicky and looking for something wrong. Someone else could say it's the most amazing thing and they're ordering an allotment more. 

The thing that got me worried though.. was when everything was marked as shipped. I received tracking information for four out of the six items I ordered. I had contacted the sellers of the decals regarding this, as most of the items are third party sellers, I wanted to make sure there was some sort of notification on someone's end that it was sent and delivered. I got screwed once over a lost package because of no tracking number. Over a year later, the item is still lost in the mail. I don't want that happening again. However, when I contacted one of these decal sellers, they not only responded back quickly, they gave me a perfectly good reason for not having tracking (I'm paraphrasing and adding my own opinion into this): In order to keep their costs down to create fabulous products, they don't supply tracking information. Tracking can be costly, and if it's a <$5 item, the price will be raised substantially to make sure we all know every step of the product's destination. It's something I can agree with.

When I contacted the other seller about the shipping information, they were a little more generic. They stated how it's coming and in what kind of envelope. Still got to me earlier than the expected date, but it would have been nice to have a formal answer like the other seller. 

It's okay though, I got everything I ordered, minus the ink. I'm not too afraid of that, as I've ordered enough times from them, I trust it'll be here. I just need to make sure it'll definitely fit my printer. I checked, cross checked, and read some more. There's a label on the inside of my Pixma that has the cartridge information on it for when it's time to reorder new Canon inks. As I've had no problem with the "off brand" previously, the new product information on the box has thrown me. I needed to question it myself to make sure it'll be okay. Again, if there is a sticker on the printer that says what to look for, and this new packaging says it's compatible with that number, I'm taking it for truth. Only because I can reference both items and I've bought from the seller before. 

That's about it for now. I'll do an update on this post when I receive the ink (should be Monday). 

Otherwise, stay cool, stay hydrated, stay out of the rainstorms.

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!