Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Happened again!

 After a week or so of not seeing the stickered Mitsubishi, I saw them again this past Friday. Around the same time and place I had previously seen it. 

It was so weird because part of the reason for the lack of sight is that I know I have been running late this past week, subsequently getting to work late. Therefore, I had been missing the opportunity to see the crying animal. But when I was "on time", I had seen it. 

I wonder how many people run into my car on a daily basis and say the same thing about me - they keep seeing my bumper stickers and we are all in the same area at the same time. Yet, there have been times already that I've only seen a real slight handful of same people driving. Some cars are so recognizable, that you swear you see them every few days. 

Take one of my neighbors, for example. Although I currently don't have a picture to corroborate my story, I can tell you they drive a Pepto Bismol Pink Dodge Charger. I haven't seen them drive around the city, as the car usually sits in the driveway every time I see it. BUT... it was MIA for at least two months recently. Somehow it got replaced by an electric lime green SUV type vehicle. That boxy car was hanging out in the drive for the duration the Charger went missing. Once the low rider came back, the bigger car went away. 

There is a guy who works at the place I am currently at... he too, has an unusually colored Charger (it's in the green family). Dodge must have a thing for pop colors on their small cars. 

Everyone says "when I buy a new car, I'm getting X color so I can find it in a parking lot". They then buy the bland paint and every one around them has the same one. It's the people who choose to stay out of the normal spectrum where you know they've got the perfect example of finding their ride. I had an uncle who had a "bumble bee yellow" car back in the day and he always said he could find it because no one else had any kind of yellow car. He was right, but I think today, if he put it next to the people who drive the bright cars, he'd be hard pressed to think he were original. 

More reason people tag their bumpers with sayings or logos. They try to be original with concept art but end up being part of a pack. Like body modifiers (piercings, tattoos and otherwise), you stand out for the moment but once your little circle gets bigger, you're not alone in being noticeable. The lack of somethings get to be the unnoticed.

Crazy how these things happen and you start looking for stuff. Just another day in keeping my eyes peeled for random events as I continue on my winding path.

Stay cool because it's going to be hotter today than it was yesterday.

Cheers; 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!