Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Groovy

 Yesterday my mother went to water some of the plants out front, as we were changing the filter in our refrigerator (we've got one of those "on the door ice maker / water stream" things and it requires a filter change every 6 months to a year). So she was taking the ice from the bucket and using that as plant food. 

While I was trying to flush the water line with the new filter (because the filter comes with charcoal you have to get out before using it), my mother comes in the house and says "you know that big plant I have out front?". I said "yes", and she tells me that "there are some psychedelic mushrooms growing in it". I asked her how she knew, and she said "because they're bright yellow". I just laughed and said "okay...".

This morning I went out to check to see if she was really seeing yellow mushrooms. Yea, they're not super crazy bright or colored, but they're definitely different.

Upon talking to a couple neighbors who are in the landscaping business, these mushrooms are called "Florida mushrooms" and don't last but a day or two with their brightness. Otherwise they start fading, which my mother said is what they're doing this afternoon. 

I tried a couple different settings on my Canon EOS Rebel T7i (which is "Renewed on Amazon" or with bundles) - Landscape mode, close up mode, no flash, with flash. I then threw them in to Photoshop, just to sharpen them up a little and put my name on them. 

Editing them out, I probably could have used a macro lens to really get in there, but I wanted to be in and out and not try to play any games since I didn't know how safe these things really are.  I mean, the plant is dying in spots, so these mushrooms are doing something special in the pot. There's obviously a lot of moisture and little sun to make them grow, but how okay is it to stick a camera in there and get super close? 

So I got as close as I wanted to, which means parts came out blurry with the regular lens. I am fine with it. It's not like I'm going to be cultivating fungi any time soon and have it work a room. 

Pictures or this is all for naught:




























Guess that's it for now. Stay cool, man.

Cheers;






By the way, have you pre-ordered Rachael's book yet??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!