Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Hey, I put some new shoes on / And suddenly everything's right

 Everything is not completely right. I can't seem to find the shoes on Amazon to link to that I bought last week. 

For reference, these are them:










The inside tongue even has Zero taking a walk with you:




The brand is called Ground Up and there's quite an array of styles on Amazon for them. 

I did try searching for "nightmare before christmas canvas shoes" and came up with a different set of matches. 

I didn't realize when I bought the shoes that they were actually glow in the dark. 

Yes, they really do glow. 

I was trying to break them in last weekend and had gone outside to do something. When I came back in, I was in the garage. As the door shutting, there was a shadowing on my feet. I happened to look down for some reason, and the sides were lit up, bright enough to make it super noticeable. 

It wasn't until I got in and really looked them over, in a dark room, and saw how massively bright they are. 





The photos don't do them justice, so imagine what kind of surprise someone may have if they wear these out to an indoor black light event? What about going to the movies? Talk about a crazy conversation, especially if you're wearing them for the first time (while meeting someone else for the first time)! 

It'll be a conversation no one else probably will have, at any given point, but who knows. Some people have pretty rad sneakers they wear on a regular basis, so it would give thought to talk about it. 

Which reminds me of a neighbor who used to wear all types of Vans slip on shoes. Every day we worked together, he'd have on a differently fun pair. He was a bit eccentric, so of course his footwear would match his personality. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy had a glow in the dark pair. I can only imagine if the both of us showed up to work wearing something crazy, what people would have really thought about us. 

I don't think I want to know, honestly. Haha. 

Anyway, I just wanted to post something about these shoes and mention how I found out something new about them. Nothing out of the ordinary of exciting. Just a typical day in wonderment...


Stay classy


Cheers;




See also (aka post title)
* Paolo Nutini, New Shoes (track 6 off These Streets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!