Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Let's not go a little crazy here

Because I'm not trying to reference a 1984 song by Prince. 

What I'm talking about is that I had another one of those "I know this song" moments yesterday on my way to work. 

My car is finally fixed - the air conditioning blows high and cold, so I'm cruising to and from work with my windows rolled up and cool air on me.

Considering it hit 100° by 1pm yesterday, I think it's a wonderful thing that the AC works again in my car. Especially since the AC has been broken in part of the building I work at, cool air is a good thing. 

I mean, when the lunch room hits 98° at 5pm, that's not a good sign (this was Friday). Needless to say, they're attempting to get it fixed. 


But anywa
y...

While I had the module fixed on my car Saturday, I also had an oil change. So everything is nice and good to go. The workers had told my mom we only need an oil change once a year, because she questioned something about her car (it's one of those fancier ones that tell you how many days you are from needing service). They answered her question and we were off to do errands while my car was being fixed. 

When my car was done, I picked it up and off I went (home). The AC was on high and blasting everywhere. YAY!! 

Now I'm afraid to change it because I don't want to break it. Plus, the spring or whatever is behind the knob is so tight, it's a tiny struggle to shift it as it is. More reason to leave it alone. I'll drive around forever with the AC blasting. Haha.

I squirreled out context. Stay with me.

Due to the holiday Monday, there was no work. Tuesday I didn't leave the house as I wasn't feeling well (I did something wrong with my smoothie). So yesterday was the first day back to work for me for the week. 

I was almost halfway to work when I hear the first few seconds of a song where I still have the CD somewhere of. 

All it took was the beginning chords to Melissa Etheridge's Come To My Window (track 3 off Yes I Am) for me to "turn it up a bit". 

I'm still keeping my volume semi low, but where the AC is blasting, the songs have been playing on 5 instead of 4. Sometimes it's so low, I don't realize what's playing because I don't hear it. It just happened to be that I was at a red light so I didn't have a lot of car noise to disrupt what I thought I heard.

Needless to say, for about three minutes, I aimlessly bobbed my head to the music and continued on my drive. It just goes to show you that much like the other day, there are songs so embedded into the fabric of our brains, we don't realize what we are hearing until we're halfway through singing along. 

It does make life more interesting, but it also is an awkward pain because there are times I know I'm mumbling to myself in the middle of the grocery store because I'm singing along to whatever is on the overhead speakers. I know people must look at me funny, but I can't help it. I've got to get the crazies out somehow, since all I do during the week is listen to podcasts and stare at a computer. It doesn't help the person I share a space with, will fill me in on her crazy for 2 hours in the morning. Which then only adds to my mouth moving in the middle of a store. 

Of all the things we do to stay sane, some of it just can't be helped...











Cheers;



See Also:
* First line reference: Prince, Let's Go Crazy, from the Purple Rain album (track 1). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!