Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Storm hasn't really hit us yet...

But word on the street (okay, the news) is that a transformer blew in Naples (about 50 minutes south of me) in the middle of the night, lighting up the sky like a rocket flare. So that area is definitely without power. On top of the water that's currently on the roads, they are probably kayaking in places right now.

According to The News Press, "LCECs power outage tracker is showing more than 4,000 without power in North Fort Myers this morning after Hurricane Helen bands swept through Southwest Florida this morning. The outages are among others throughout the area. LCEC's website reported that the power was expected to be restored later this morning. 

In total, 8,000 or so residences were without power per our power tracker."

Lee County Government tweeted this morning "Bands of inclement weather will be passing through Southwest Florida throughout the day. Stay off of the roads if possible. If you must drive, exert extra caution and never drive through flooded roads."




And yet my boss gave the option to come into work (or work from home)????

Although, so far here, there's nothing major going on. My phone had tornado alerts at 8am, but they weren't super close to where I am. The brunt of any type of the storm is not supposed to really hit us for another hour or two. News casts are saying there are areas that are currently somewhat under water, locally, and others are without power. I know where I work is bound to have water issues. It's dry right now where I sit, but I'm sure it'll change shortly.

We have the lanai shutters slightly open and it looks calm and peaceful, but knowing the day is far from over, it'll not remain that way. I'm glad we have power still. Hopefully it remains. This time tomorrow, I will probably be sitting at my desk at work and doing all of my overdue tasks from today, since 98% of the people are working from home (my job doesn't allow that, as I'm in the mail room).

On a different note, I found out yesterday that the Roku 3 has severed its ties with ABC's streaming app. 




ABC must have a contract with Hulu (like everyone else it seems these days) in order for Roku to be like "this is where we get off". They've done that before when Comcast and Paramount (previously Spike TV) were in a contract dispute. I remember the news about it because I was watching Ink Master and all of a sudden couldn't get the show. Bar Rescue was the same. Found out one of the platforms didn't want to pay the other the amount of money that was being asked (or something to that affect) and thar she blows... Comcast dropped the Spike services. I'm not saying it's a similar thing with ABC, I'm just surprised there was no email or anything from Roku saying "we are no longer keeping the app". It's fine; I only used it to watch The Good Doctor and on occasion, my mother asked to watch one of the late night talk shows on demand when Hotwire was taking a hotshit and misbehaving. 

I think if I end this now, if it looks nice enough, I'll see if I can get some time in the gym before storm clouds roll in again. 

I'll check in when I can. 

Stay dry and try to practice your breast stroke (not in these waters.. there may be alligators and snakes afoul).

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!