Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

How do you say #DUH, professionally?

I was given a printout from a newspaper the other day, about a job fair one of the (variant) Chamber of Commerce committees are holding in a few weeks. I went onto the site and got a hold of who will be at the event. I proceeded to email some of them, that I knew I was qualified for.

Seeing how my entire resume says MA (Massachusetts), I'm currently in a triangle of sorts with why I am writing this.

One of the jobs I sent my information to, responded back to me today. I figured there were no openings, but it was worth a shot. But it begs the question as to why someone will be there at the job fair. Oh, I know. To get interns for college credit. But this is not the point. Read the screen cap. (I edited the major stuff out and sorry it's a tiny jpeg)





So I was tempted to write back to the apology saying it's not a problem, but still... it's weird. What I wanted to say in the original response was that I am not a permanent resident; I'm going back to Detroit once the Tigers leave, but since I don't live in Michigan, I guess I'm not following them.

At any rate, I gotta get to my job...

Cheers,