Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My landlord says "no"

I've been applying to and looking at jobs lately. I figured, "What the hell". One never knows where they will end up, and I honestly don't plan on staying here for ever.

That being said, I didn't know Dish Network bought Blockbuster.  I also didn't realise there were Blockbuster stores still open. On a whim, I applied to a few of them. The interesting part of the whole process? The question and answers on the application. In particular: "If hired at Blockbuster is there anything that would prevent you from becoming a DISH subscriber?" yes or no.



 Erm, not unless my landlord is against hooking the satellite to the house. Or my condo / complex doesn't allow it. Although I am neither for nor against this service, wouldn't becoming a member be dependent on where you live, and if it's allowed? What if you are in a community that has a contract with a competitor, and if you choose not to use the competitor, you pay a higher rate? Or, you live in an apartment, and the landlord doesn't want his property filled with dishes for whatever reason? So you're screwed out a job because you can't become a subscriber?

I'd have to find a place to live, where I can have the ability to have a satellite attached to my house, I guess. I don't want to not get a job because the place I live in, doesn't accept it. That would be discrimination, in a sense, wouldn't it? You may be fully qualified for the job, but due to the fact you have something hindering this little piece of the application process, you can not proceed and work. I would think that being a member wouldn't deter a job away. It may be an advantage - you at least know what Dish is, what they offer and can enroll people in it, but you shouldn't be turned away because something won't allow you to subscribe.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!