Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"On the day of execution, on the day of execution"

"Only women kneel and smile, ah ah, ah ah
At the center of it all, at the center of it all
Your eyes
Your eyes"
David Bowie
 
 

Something happened on the day he died
Spirit rose a metre then stepped aside
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried
(I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar)
How many times does an angel fall?
How many people lie instead of talking tall?
He trod on sacred ground, he cried loud into the crowd
(I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar, I’m not a gangster)

I don't know... I got ★ in my head today when I had to go reset the church at work. I've got a new job and the place of employment has a church on site.

When I was resetting the chairs, I looked up and had db's title track of his last album in my mind. Maybe it's because today is the second anniversary of his death, or maybe it's because it's his birthday week. I don't know. Could be a mash of both things as well as this being a new job and I really shouldn't be in a church (of all places).

What will make the week even funnier worse, is Friday I plan on wearing my Heathen tour shirt (long story short, the joke with a couple people I know, all say they're a bunch of Heathens on a first class ticket to Hell). Got to mix it up a bit, right? Why work in a church, on a Friday, and not draw private attention? It's respectably bad enough that I've been wearing all my Bowie shirts this week. I have 5 shirts; they last me five days. Unlike the oil for menorah, I appreciate some things.

Yes, I have some routine where every year I wear my shirts. Whatever day db's birthday falls (the 8th), I put on a random shirt. I do have a long sleeved shirt (my sixth shirt) that I wear if it's cold one day, but for the most part I pick my shirts out in a random order for five days. Lucky for me, they get tucked in to my pants and under a work shirt, so no one has to worry about the graphics on them, and I get to walk in and out of work wearing various band shirts. Sometimes, if I feel rebellious, I end the whole week with my Elton John Peachtree Road tour shirt (which I got to go to in 2004 as well).

A round down of what I have and what I've been wearing:

  • I started with the Ziggy album. It was Monday the 8th. 
  • Tuesday, I wore my ChangesOneBowie shirt. 
  • Today was the Reality Tour t shirt that I bought when I saw him in concert in 2004. 
  • Tomorrow I plan on wearing the Aladdin Sane cover shirt. No, it's not the ratty and tattered one I wore for over a decade. I had to retire that one and find a new version. 
  • So Friday, I plan on wearing the Heathen Tour shirt that I bought on the 2002 tour. Yes, it says Mansfield, but I went to the Orpheum. I think this was the tour they had to cancel and postpone because he got pneumonia originally, and ended up coming back later. So Mansfield was played when he did a summer tour with Moby (which I wanted to see but was in summer school... damnit. It would have been so cool to see Moby). 
I think I'm at the point that I'm rambling. I have no words to further explain my day, except there was a point this morning where Blackstar got in my head and I took a picture of the cross in the church, and all I could do, was start singing the title track. 


Maybe the end of the week will bring something new and I'll have better pictures to be able to brag about.




I mean... This Is Reality after all...



Cheers;







See Also




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!