Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, December 31, 2017

"It's not about win or lose"

But it must be another slow news day.

As the last weekend of the year slowly crawls down to midnight, I decided to go outside and take a few pictures. I know my camera needs to be replaced and I keep putting it off, but I also know the dust spots that keep appearing aren't going to go away any time soon either. I just can't seem to get my act together to purchase another $499+ camera when my current one is still in relatively good working condition. But, like the sign of the times, things aren't made to last forever. So maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and get myself some upgrade before 2018 goes away.

In the meantime, I've got some pictures to post.


You can see some of the dust spots in this picture, unfortunately



I bought one of those Himalayan Salt Lamps a few months ago. It's apparently all the rage these days, and upon researching it, I can see why there's a few benefits to having it around. The downside is I can't sleep with the light on, as "soothing" as it is, because all light sources keep me up. Just like the fact I can't sleep with fans or any other white noise going on either.

As weird as it is to say "white noise keeps me up at night", no one can understand why I say it. I can't explain it either, except there's something about white noise and night lights that make me stay wide awake and my brain constantly talking to itself. It's okay, call me crazy. But I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. Considering I spent sophomore year in college with 4 fans on in my room that ran 24/7, it's hard to comprehend just the smallest of noise or light keeps me amped up until I really do fall asleep. Friends and family reading this will remember the attic within the attic room I had in Brookline... it was crazy town and you know it. Thank god for my upgraded "let's look out to a fire escape and live next to the Dean" room the following year... Haha.

Anyway, back on track. While I had my camera out, I decided to hook up the Fotodiox Canon EOS Macro Extension Tube Set for Extreme Close-Ups to my camera and take some pictures.

One day I'll get the automatic / electronic macro kit. One day...

The salt lamp is ready for its closeups, Mr. DeMille.




I decided to keep poking around my desk area and came up with the next few shots. (Don't) Mind the dust.

I feel a little gated and fenced in

Center hole for the win?

My... precious....

Ain't nothin like doubled fences!
Fences make good neighbors?

Tacked on for good measure!

All jacked up on this last night of the year

Snitches get stitches. What do stitches get?

Cross weave

Multiple cross weave

I was bored, what can I say? I will probably be going to bed in an hour or so, just because there's nothing really to do. I don't feel like staying up all night to say "I haven't been to bed in a year!" or something else quite as stupid. The days of partying and watching the ball drop on the television is over and it's time to act like I really do live in Florida and go to bed early like the retirees do. "Laugh my ass off" and "Roll my eyes".

Last picture before I call it a night and wish everyone a hearty "Happy New Year!!":




Be good to yourselves and don't do anything completely insane...


Cheers;









See also (aka what I'm listening to as I type this):



See also (random stuff quoted):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!