Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, December 2, 2017

"I've been doin' fine without you"

I've had another one of those random wake up opportunities when old music pops in my head and stays in my head. It doesn't help that the song in question was found on an old hard drive last week. Also doesn't help that the person who sent it to me hasn't been thought about or talked to since I moved to Florida.

Generous readers will know the name "Eddie" and if you're reading this, Dear Old Ed, I just want to say "Hi, how are you? Hope you're well in whatever you're choosing to do with your life these years. Thanks for everything and sorry things went to shit". He'll know what I mean if he's reading this.

Anyway, the song I've got going through my head is  I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl) by Instant Funk. It's a disco song but it's also one of those songs that get stuck in your head as quickly as the beat turns.

I remember the night the song was instant messaged to me and the conversation that was had. Yes, I said "instant messaged" and no, it wasn't on a social network site. It was one of the email instant message clients we all used "back in the day". So the night in question happened to be a rough time in the lives of two radio majors but I'm not going to go into detail because no one deserves that rehash. Just let me say "thanks" and "I think about you when I hear this song now". It's a blessing and a curse, but there are worse things out there to do and think, so I reckon this could be seen more of a good thing, as it reminds me of all the positives that were had.

Life is good at the moment, I guess. "The sun is out, the sky is blue" but "Dear Prudence", it's a little on the cold side. Although, it's warm by Boston standards (it's 73 with no humidity, but feels closer to 70). Still shorts and t-shirt weather because I've not totally crossed over to the Floridian side.

The following picture has been floating around the internet for the past few years (I don't know for how long, as it was only "noticed" once I moved here).


The picture is true (and starts making the circulation rounds come winter): once it hits below 75, people start getting antsy and putting on proper winter clothes. One day at work, it was 65 in the early morning hours, and I saw a valet guy dressed in a wool hat, ear muffs, down Columbia jacket, gloves, long pants and heavy sneakers. I asked him why he's dressed for a blizzard when it'll hit 80 in two hours, and he said "because it gets massively cold out here in the meantime". Dude! This is frickin' Florida; not the Tundra. Layers equal your work shirt plus a hoodie or heavy sweat shirt, long pants and sneakers. Not an outfit courtesy of Alaska Apparel magazine. *Rolls eyes*

Anyway, just wanted to have a quick check in before I start my day and do some errands.

Be safe, be good, stay warm, and do anything ridiculously stupid.

Cheers;










See Also:
Title of blog comes from this song:


Other honorable mentions:






Columbia (men's) winter coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!