Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Ain't nuthin' but a gangsta parrrrtttaaayyyyyy

I quoteth the 1990s OGs, 2PAC and Snoop Dogg. Via Google Hangouts, I message that to my friend (who loves Foamy the Squirrel), he clapped back with the YouTube video for The Humpty Dance and "Everybody knows what day it is".

I picked up a copy of Anthology of American Folk Music by Harry Smith at the library today. I'm interested in hearing it because I read some articles stating that this is the 1920 - 1930s influence music for the likes of  Bob Dylan and Joan Baez... not to mention the ultimate folker, Woody Guthrie. Just listening to some snippets, it's definitely a sign of the times - both for recording and for playing. It sounds comical by today's standards, but the 1960s protesters stuck to this method and struck gold with songs like Mr. Tambourine Man, Sweet Sir Galahad and Puff the Magic Dragon.

Side note... there's a video out somewhere... of Puff the Magic Dragon. I remember a cartoon from when I was a youngster... it was rather sad of a video, I thought... but I strangely remember it now, more than 30 years later... I think I need to scour the world wide web to find it... relive my youth!

I've got a little over a week to play the Anthology in my car, so it'll be cool to listen to something different on my way to and from work.

I officially took some "ok, decent" photos on my new iPhone. A few from work, which came out okay, a few from last night's sunset, and a few of a candy filled skull. None were edited for tone, color or contrast, and the only major difference between them are wide angle for the work shots and sunset shots, and portrait mode on the skull shots. All filters were done on the phone itself.

Again, iPhone 11 (basic) model:

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 


I guess that's it for now... until I listen to the folk music and decide to try the phone some more.


Cheers;






See also (aka the headline of the day):


See also (aka songs mentioned):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!