Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, November 3, 2019

"Beetle... Breakfast... Orange... Liquid... Beetle Juice?"

I'm not saying his name 2 more times. Because I don't want him here.

But... I do want to know what the new winged insect I found is. Someone I work with, thinks it is a cicada. I have no idea what in the hail a cicada is, but if what I have is it, these buggers are fecking ugly.

I was at work Friday and went to park my golf cart. On the post next to me (where the electric is to charge the cart), I almost bumped into some beige winged animal. I don't know if it was asleep and didn't realize people park next to the post, or it was dead and someone needed to dispose of it. Either way, the thing never moved when I took pictures of it. If anyone knows what it is, pass on the information!

All photos taken with an iPhone 6s.

 








I had another splurge purchase from Amazon last weekend. I went searching for those "Home" decals where the "o" is the US state you're from. I saw one on a car that I didn't recognize and while searching for it, I ended up purchasing two Massachusetts decals for my car.

The first one is "Where My Story Began", inside the outline of the State of Massachusetts. For $5.50 and free shipping, it came within a couple days of the order. It is the same type of vinyl decal as my other stickers, but the back it's on is a bit different. The challenge was making sure the letters stayed on the translucent (front) peeling sticker because that's what you need to lay the wording / picture down. Each letter is separate so the issue was they didn't all stick at once. I had to press firmly on each letter before I could get the whole clear piece off and put in on my car. End result was it's in place, but it definitely wasn't what I was used to, to get these decals loaded.

Photo taken on an iPhone 6S.





The second decal is a roots system of sorts. "508" with roots on the bottom of the numbers. I guess it's a good thing I got it when I did, because it's currently out of stock. With it being a 2 pack for $7.95, free shipping and arriving a few days after ordering, I guess I should keep the second one in a safe place just in case it's no longer available for order. This decal too, was of similar design to the Story decal, as the backing was the same. The difference is, it's one piece, so I didn't have to worry about letters not sticking to the clear front piece.

Again, photo taken on an iPhone 6S.





When I was looking at all the decals, I was tempted to get the "508 Brockton, MA" sticker, but I have seen that oval with other writing too many times. The 508 | Roots is much cooler, in my opinion, only because it's so different but it's also my home area code. The oval one pinpoints me back to where I came from, but it doesn't stick out like the roots one does.

The other decal temptation was a "Masshole" decal inside the Massachusetts state outline. Once a Masshole, always a Masshole, but sometimes you gotta tone it down for the kids. With everything I'm putting on my car now, I think that decal would make me look like a real asshole and cheapen my car. I have quite the collection going right now, and I'm sure people are going to comment about everything... the last thing I need is someone to damage my car because they read too much into my stickers.


Although... I should "Let That Shit Go", according to a meditating sloth... Namaste bitches?


That's about it for this check in. Happy Sunday and hope you remembered to fix your clocks.




Cheers;






See Also (aka post title):
Beetlejuice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!