Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

It slices, it dices...

... but it won't eat for you.

My mom bought one of those 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer thingies. Surprisingly, it works well. 

Too well.

It's quite possible that it's one of those tools where you need to pay attention to what you're doing, but not pay attention 100% because there's no sharp knife that'll cut your hand off, the second a kid is running through the kitchen with flames coming from their clothes. 

It's just too bad my mom bought the slicer before seeing what else is available because there's a 5-in-1 Multifunction Avocado Slicer available. I told her about it, and she said that we basically have all the pieces except the smasher. We have (now) the slicer, we have the holder... we really don't need the smasher because we eat sliced avocados more than we would make dip. 

Fair enough. 

I meant to write this all the other day and totally forgot.

We've used it for about a month already and it's really working out great... my mom tells all her friends about it because a lot of people we know are big into avocados. Ask Emi about her avocado on toast... something I never knew about until I met her. Crazy kids these days!  

I used to hate eating avocados. I once had a pizza in the North End (of Boston) that had toppings I'd never dream of putting on my pie - avocado, olives and artichoke. It had to be the most disgusting pizza slice I have ever eaten. I was unfortunately eating with people from work (they invited me), and one of the women ordered the food. I was being nice and gave it a try. Never again. I don't like olives as it is, and I'll stay away from artichokes. But I've learned within the last decade to eat avocados. I don't love them, but I won't not eat them. I'm picky. 

*shrugs* 

That's about it for now. 

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!