Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Is it a movie yet?

 So all research points to Black Light becoming a movie, but everything I’ve seen on the interwebs end at there being a film adaptation being penned... in 2011. But nothing further past this novel coming out and the trio of writers working on other film projects upon completion of this book.


If anyone has any other information about this happening into a cinema form, I would be interested in knowing. Plus seeing the actual movie. 


I am working a little blindly at the moment, as I am connected to a TV via an HDMI cable, Apple Lightning adapter and using my new keyboard / mouse, yet, I cant see the full page of what I am writing. For some reason, going into landscape more on my phone, doesn’t allow the screen to scroll past the beginning paragraph of this post. 


What’s the point of seeing a wide screen version of what I’m doing, if I need to constantly / physically flip my phone to see everything I need to do? Editing / formatting, links, open tabs... there’s something not right in what I’m currently doing, as when I started writing this post, my mouse was acting up. It was very slow and felt hard to move. I don’t know if it’s because I’m at work and (shhh) I really shouldn’t be typing a blog post, or, there is some underlying problem now with everything connecting. 


Either way, I wanted to do a post about having finished the book. 


It’s a solid read, and I can tell in some places that thriller / horror writers had written it. Like I said in the beginning, I’d like to see this as a movie at some point. 120 minutes might be too long, but 90 wouldn’t really pack a punch. Then again, an hour and a half might do the trick because it would be CGI heavy and reliant on ghostly graphics, which might push the film through.


There were some spots in the book where I felt it didn’t belong, as other parts weren’t really explained in the detail / context it needed. Overall, it is a decently good book and I am glad to have found it and read it. It’s scary to think that science and technology are so close to this book perhaps becoming a reality.


I mean, if people are discussing ghosts / mediums / seers / people who can feel something extra is around and no one else can, that mixed with a 600 mile an hour hydrogen powered bullet train running thru the country, is a grand possibility. Look at Amtrak - they have tracks right now in such rural areas, they can have speeds that can kill you if you get too close to the road. The sheer force of putting a nickel on the track to get it to bounce off and slam into something, is almost the equivalent of when people say never to throw a penny off the Empire State Building. So man made projects are there. It’s just a matter of when this fictitious event can actually happen.


When it does, I’ll be first in line to buy a ticket to the movie, and tell my friends “I read that book! I hope this film lives up to my hype!!”



Until then.... as I need to get some work done;





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!