Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, April 9, 2021

Dude, that looks -AWESOME-

 ... and it shows where we are in our technology world.


I'm about to sign in to Amazon to get my daily free Kindle books, when on my home page, there's this promotion for Day 1 Editions | Built It products. 


Amazon is branching out to innovators and creators, by having a sub genre of interestingly cool technology / products. Think of this as the powerhouse's answer to Kickstarter. 


I've seen things like (sticking the the previous posts about coffee) Barisieur Coffee Alarm Clock Coffee Maker. If this is the one I'm thinking of, it started off as an Amazon Innovations promotion. Man, does it look cool... Total science aesthetic mixed with functionality. With an alarm that can start your brew and a beaker fridge to keep your milk cold, this is a lazy person's most wanted gift! If I could have the need for that (and the money), I'd totally buy in to it. Too bad it's $445 and I have no where to keep it in my house (we have a Hamilton FlexBrew, currently). This is an amazing conversation piece, for sure. 






Anyway, what caught my eye today was the Smart Sticky Note Printer | Works with Alexa | A Day 1 Editions concept. It's a thermal printer (read: no fumbling with ink) that prints on Post It Note type squares. Rather, it's a roll of paper that looks to be the same concept as sticky notes, in the basic yellow color (when this gets built and shipped, they'll make the other colors sticky notes come in). 

It's old school meets new school: connect this printer to your WiFi and sync it to Alexa (which you have to have). . Whenever you have a thought, instead of scrounging around for scratch paper, you tell Alexa to make a note on this printer. -zoom- note printed. 


Funny enough, the requirements do state:

We want you to know

Smart Sticky Note Printer must be paired to a compatible Echo device (sold separately). It is NOT compatible with Echo (1st Gen), Echo Dot (1st Gen), Echo Plus (1st Gen), Echo Dot Kids Edition, or Amazon Tap.

2.4 GHz wifi required.

Comes with 1 yellow sticky paper roll.


I say that's funny for two reasons.
1. You do need an updated Echo device. Which is something people are doing these days - updating their tech.

2. Which is the craziest reason: 2.4 GHz wifi required. Look what happened with my Comcast modem. The xFi connection is automatically 5.0 so none of my printers worked when I had to get the new modem. As soon as I separated the networks, everything connected. SO...make sure you carry a 2.4 network if you buy this. 

I would, because it's actually pretty cheap at $114.99. But with my Pixma printer and my not being home enough to print sticky notes, I don't need it. I actually was carrying around a notebook at one point, but it got too crazy in my bag to carry something so big. So I stopped carrying reminders with me, and honestly, I don't shop enough to warrant it. But if I did, bet you I'd buy this and use it every day. 


Thanks for listening.

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!