Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, April 3, 2021

“We’re drinking, my friend...”

To the end of a brief episode
Make it one for my baby
And one more for the road”
Frank Sinatra
1940


I forgot to mention yesterday that I’m using my phone for the post, along with my Logitech mouse and Apple keyboard. I’m using the same set up today.

My friend Rachael, the one with the ladybug podcast, has switched donation sites. I don’t know if she’s still on Patreon, but she was promoting Ko-Fi the last couple episodes of her insect show. 

I thought I’d help her out by promoting her various links.

* Twitter: @hwabpodcast
* Instagram: @365.ladybird

She has been having quite the few interviews lately, including a “low level government official” out of Baltimore, MD. Rodney C Burris, who also is a “professional development coach and speaker” according to the show notes, and his interview. He has a few Books on Amazon, which seem like the usual suspects of motivational readings. There’s nothing wrong with it, and quite honestly, Mr. Burris seems like he would be amazing to have a few conversations with, just hanging out and chatting. No pressure or anything; purely based on his interaction with Rachael. However, the professional that he is, who knows how real it was. I always take self esteem speakers with a grain of salt. 

Much like when Ray Higdon spoke at the hotel I worked at, and I had to run his lighting for him. The only thing I liked about that event was the fact we got to use different lighting backgrounds (walls and such) and my work went up the corporate ladder to the SWFL area manager, who called me out to other locations... he was impressed on what I had done. 

Too bad that AV job didn’t amount to much in the end, due to lack of events in the area... my boss wanted me to grow within the lighting world and “become one of the few females within the company who can do proper event lighting” and possibly invest in the travel part of the business. 

*shrugs*

Anyway, go check out my friend Rachael. This May marks 20 years I’ve known her... she’s a keeper, apparently! LOL.


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!