Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Half a month in...

 ... and the Orgain Organic Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean is still heavy in the cinnamon department. That's even without PBfit All-Natural Peanut Butter Powder (because I ran out 3 days ago). 

I wanted to do a quick update about this powder since talking about it at the end of March.

It's so weird that I'm still heavily tasting cinnamon and apples, yet, this morning my mom says it "smells like cake". I said "it's vanilla bean flavor" and she said "it smells like vanilla cake". I don't know what to do or say... to me, even with vanilla yogurt and coconut water, I only taste cinnamon. 

I drink the smoothie mix before I drink my coffee, so it's not a crazy combination of the two mixing. While drinking my coffee, I taste coffee... because there's nothing mixed in it besides my creamer. 

I don't know how else to explain it... I don't have a spice allergy, otherwise I'd be having worse reactions plus it would happen every time I had cinnamon or anything else within this container. Maybe I'm just a little more sensitive to that ingredient without being allergic? Who knows. 

It's still not bad; I'm finding myself struggling some days to want to eat lunch (6 hours after I drink the powder) because it leaves me full enough in the morning, that by noon, I don't want to eat, but know I probably should. With all the fruits and veg in the product, I know that's the reason I'm not hungry all morning. But the problem is, if I eat lunch, I then struggle to eat dinner (5 hours later). That's even when I'm running around all day doing stuff at work, so I'm obviously maintaining some physical workload and working it off, but I'm not starving by meal times. Given that I've got a YETI Rambler 30 oz Tumbler filled with water in my office, I am using that through out the day to keep my hydrated.

Typically within the tumbler, I've got Emergen-C Vitamin C Powder with now a couple little slices of ginger root mixed in. I decided to mix it up a bit and buy a little bag of ginger root (because I like ginger and thought it would be interesting). Every night before I go to bed, I open the packet of the Emergen-C, put it in my Yeti. Add a little water to stir everything up. Cut up some ginger, put that in, then ice. Fill the tumbler with water. Put it in the fridge and by morning, things played well enough that I've got a wake up drink when I take a sip at work. 

I got a few free samples of various Liquid I.V products and the other day I had the ginger + Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier (Strawberry/16 Count). That was a surprise taste! I wasn't expecting the flavor profile, especially since I had made it the night before and didn't drink it until the afternoon. So it was sitting in the fridge over night and then an additional 7 hours outside "at room temp" until I took a sip. 

As I don't always carry the Yeti around, it sits on my desk all day. 

So the strawberry packet and the ginger surprised me because I didn't realize it was strawberry when I opened the packet (again, it was a free sample). It's not a horrible taste, but by itself, the strawberry is a little sweet. I'm glad I added the ginger to mix it up because I don't know if I would necessarily buy it alone. 

I've also tried the (again, free sample) of Liquid I.V. Energy Multiplier (Lemon Ginger) (14 Count). This is something I would buy, given the opportunity. I like lemon ginger stuff, and where this product "Utilizes breakthrough science of Cellular Transport Technology (CTT), a specific ratio of potassium, sodium, and glucose that is designed to enhance rapid absorption of water and key ingredients into the bloodstream", plus using a "revolutionary blend of Matcha, Guayusa and Ginger, powered by CTT for delicious, sustained energy throughout the day. While Energy Multiplier contains roughly 100 mg of caffeine, which is equivalent to 1-2 cups of coffee, it's actually a much better option!". I drink my normal cup of coffee in the morning, but find this particular powder to be refreshing in a cold kick way. Since I make it the night before, the fridge lets everything get nice and cool so when the tumbler sits on my desk all day, it stays cold. There are times I find myself actually wishing I had another packet with me because I've done so much work, that I've finished the water and want more. There's plenty of ice in the cup, but nothing to drink. I can get more water somewhere, but the powder is no more. Which is fine; I don't mind plain water. This just makes it better. 

Knock on wood, I haven't gotten sick this year, so maybe everything I'm doing is actually working??

That's about it for now... 

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!