Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, October 15, 2021

Disconnected rainbows

The other day we had a double rainbow that seemingly appeared across our entire community. While I was able to capture the stronger color arc in photos, I also attempted to capture two photo merges. 

I did not use a tripod when I was outside, as it was raining while I was taking photos. I shouldn't have been out with my (expensive) Canon camera as it was. 

But...sometimes dumbasses like me don't learn. 

All for the sake of a picture.

So throwing the photos in Photoshop, I attempted to match two photos that were of similar area. Again, not using a tripod, I failed to make sure the photos were straight. Hence, when I tried to overlay the two images, they didn't exactly line up. 

See exhibit "A".




Because of this, I attempted to try it again, only cropping too close into the picture so you don't see much of the buildings and street.

See exhibit "B".




I also tried to match them in color a little too. That also didn't work so well. I think because I need a proper machine to edit on. Or get a spider / monkey to adjust the colors on my laptop monitor... since I'm now using an HP laptop instead of a Dell.

I'm still learning my lesson with photo editing... do not be overly greedy and take many photos if you intend on combining them and make sure you are on a tripod (or even a monopod) if you do. This is very important if you expect to take enough crazy photos to sew them together later on. You're going to need a stabilizer. 

And not be in the rain. 


Until I get another chance to fix my mistakes... go play in a puddle (or two)!


Cheers;









See also (aka things mentioned / items I use):
  • Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR (there are bundles listed)
  • Camera monopod (I worked with a guy once... who had one of these. He not only worked in the photo world in his past life, but he was a Nikon fanboy. #nothating. We worked together in the AV event world and he always carried his camera with him when he knew we had to do a big elaborate setup. The monopods are actually really super nice... and surprisingly agile and good to have in your stack of gear. Sadly, I don't remember the brand my friend used, as this was 4-5 years ago and I've lost touch with him.. T, if you're reading this, "hi"). 
  • Camera tripod (I alternate between a "Targus Black Label Professional 60" Tripod" [which Amazon doesn't carry anymore] and the Amazon Basics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod.. as it depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. The Targus is a good half pound heavier than the Amazon Basics tripod. I like them both equally, though). 
  • Photoshop CS5 is not available for download via Amazon.
  • "Monitor Calibration Tool for Photography (having worked in the photo field for a few years, I know this is necessary for proper editing... I just haven't purchased the necessary items because I'm stubborn and don't see myself working as a photographer full time, truth be told). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!