Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, October 8, 2021

No you can't come in for supper

 I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy (ooh ooh)
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell me is it just a dream?
Rockwell. "Somebody's Watching Me".  1984.



Okay.. well... first off... uh... I'm having a #dumbass moment. I didn't know MJ's involvement in the aforementioned (above) lyrics... were just the chorus. Somebody's Watching Me isn't his song... it's Berry Gordy's kid. Dude has a full album out and it's legit Motown 1980s. Including the trying cover of the Beatles' Taxman... which is putting it lightly. 

Yeah.. full on 80s R&B pop on this album. Wow.. first time I'm really hearing this. Sorry, doesn't bring me back to my youth, except now I know the full reference to the King of Pop's helping a friend and it not being his tune. I'm not impressed, but I am. I mean, the album really sounds dated now, like some records did that came out of that decade. I hate to say it, but I'm not a big fan of the 1980s (for being born in the early part of that generation). I know most songs, but I don't dig the synth. 

Anyway, someone decided to attempt to watch us eat dinner tonight. Or at least wait patiently to be let in and given scraps.

Meet "Little Fxker". 












He's been hanging out in our lanai for over a week. 

I gave him the name because every time I try to catch him, he runs like hell somewhere in the lanai and hides. So I can't transport him somewhere else in the world. Hence the swearing. 

I did manage to capture his friend earlier today. It took a good 30 minutes for me to sort it out because I had to snag him between a plastic cup and the screen, and once I did, I didn't think it through. All because then I needed to get another cup over the caught cup to get the gecko outside. I had to let him go, get him to jump off the lanai and on the floor. Then I could get the cup over him, get a piece of paper under the cup, and get the whole mess outside. It was only a matter of time before this little dude comes out to see what's going on. And he's way too fast to catch. 

They come in somehow, and decide to stay in... only leaving when we're not watching. 

But they're keeping tabs on us...


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!