Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Couple of Florida chickens enjoying the show

My mom and I were taking the trash out this past Wednesday and a couple neighbors stopped to talk to us. As it was nearing darkness, the people were going in their houses for supper and the animals took over the sky watching.

We were all having a conversation when someone mentioned how amazing the sky looked and that there were two birds just watching the big ball of light go down. So I ran in the house, grabbed my camera and started taking photos. The adults kept having their conversation. 

Also taken were pictures of the actual sun set and the moon. Why just focus on two ibises having a moment? 

All photos taken with a Canon Rebel T7i DSLR camera and utilizing the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens. I'm linking Amazon keyword searches due to the actual camera being sold in a bundle (still) and the lens seemingly not under "Prime" shopping. 

I've done some "auto tone" | "auto contrast" | "auto color" | "sharpen" on some, but not all in the editing bit. I also put my name on it. Using Photoshop CS5 (no longer available on Amazon) on an "HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC" that is so old, online sites are selling replacement parts for a lot of money.














I also picked up the Future Past album by Duran Duran. It dropped last month and is definitely trying to remain a part of the 80s generation of pop new wave while remaining relevant in the new millennium. I swear, I've heard two songs from this album used in adverts lately on the TV. I just can't place the commercial. But like all bands who have been around for decades, Duran Duran still have the new fresh they've had for 40 years (since they really started in 1978). I like how they brought on a couple new artists (Tove Lo, Ivorian Doll) and an old artist (Mike Garson) to collaborate with. Synth pop meets rap, club, classic piano and more. The album is all over the place but it is seemingly together. The Garson track is the end of the night out partying calm last track, while the opening track starts you up with a slow rev to want to go out on the town. Pure throwbacks to what we remember from our past and what we can do with the future. 

Get the light sticks out and I'll see you at the next rave...

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!