Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, February 12, 2023

You don't realize how dusty things are until you take a picture

I have gotten into the habit again of saving the iced coffee cups from the name brand coffee chains and didn't realize how quickly my printer got all dusty until I used it as a prop holder. To think I dusted it the other day...


This post is brought to you by the comments of "pay for the [brand] name, but don't pay for the size".

A Dunkin' Donuts medium cup is 24 ounces. 
A Starbucks medium (aka grande) cup is 16 ounces. 

For the sake of keeping it simple, I'm using my last updated receipts for both places. 

Dunkie's medium cold brew is $3.59 before tax ($3.72 after).
Starbucks medium cold brew is $4.45 before tax ($4.74 after). 

For the $1.02 difference, you're getting 8 ounces more in your Dunk's cup than in your Semiramis cup. They both give the same amount of ice to coffee ratio, but you literally get a large at a cheaper deal. 





I've added the Starbucks Trenta cup for size comparison as well. That is 30 ounces for the "extra large" and as a cold brew, it cost $5.25 before tax and $5.59 after tax. 

Left to right in the pictures: Starbucks grande, Dunkin' medium, Starbucks trenta. I used my iPhone 11 to take them because I didn't want to get out my Canon. 

I must say they are all plain cold brew coffees. No flavor, no extras. Just cream. 

Yesterday I got a Dunkie's cold brew for $2 and change because it was the last day to use a coupon I got in the mail. After drinking it, there was something about it, that tasted not as smooth as cold brew should be. It tasted like Friday's hot coffee made into iced. I didn't go back and say anything because I was out doing errands, however, I think regular iced coffee tastes the same as this, the last time I got it. 

If it is true - that I paid more (not including coupon) for old coffee, then the store I went to is as problematic as it usually is (there's always something going wrong with it... staff shortage, food shortage, long lines, list goes on). 

Whatever the case is, it's still interesting how everyone argues over which brand is better than the other and comments usually revolve around price. Pictures prove you pay different prices for the same size, yet you don't get the same size across the board. 

Question remains: In this instance, does size matter?



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!