Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, March 27, 2023

Can't screen mirror??

Well, in some sort of insane update / redo of the Hotwire routing system, we can't get our devices to talk to each other and mirror what's on our phones. 

Tonight is a master board meeting in my community. I went to try to screen mirror my mother's tablet to the streaming device we use to watch the various apps on. 

The tablet mirroring system says we're connected to the Apple TV device, but nothing is casting. I tried her phone and my phone and neither showed what I was seeing on their screens.

Since we ended up getting a brand new VIZIO smart TV for the living room, I tried to connect that way, since you can cast directly to the television if everything is on the same network (which they are). So connecting to Airplay with a generated code is what I attempted.

On all three devices. 

Not one wanted to show my screen. 

I tried my phone to my Roku. 

I could play audio for some reason (cast a podcast) but it wouldn't share the phone screen. 

Odd that Airplay / mirroring played a podcast but not showed my screen, even though it's the same thing I always do to connect to the TV... 

I'm really thinking that there is a discrepancy with the Nokia gateway Hotwire provides and the bands need to be split. We didn't have any of these problems before and I know when we had the Comcast box, all I needed to do was log in to the Comcast portal on the gateway and split the bands. 

You can't do that with the Hotwire equipment. 

Like I said in a previous post regarding trying to fix the problems myself, Hotwire doesn't allow you to do that, and there's no way in hell we're about to pay fifty dollars for a service call on something I can do for free. 

I really wish this wasn't so damn hard and the stubborn mules in charge of the community didn't go jump into a company that is beyond junk. We lost internet and television again the other day and other people are still posting online that they continually lose service. 

If any one is reading this, and they live in a community thinking about Hotwire, DON'T GET IT. 

Seriously. Do some research on this crap company. You will see a lot of negative reviews about it, and it's not pretty. 

Just because the community wants to get away from a conglomerate like Comcast, doesn't mean the grass will be greener with someone else. Please do look up Hotwire before you sign up. It's nothing but trouble. 











So like... 35 minutes after I wrote the above gripe, I was tooling around on my phone because I had updated the iOS. 

I'm the dumbest monkey in the jungle. Although I do stand by the above whine (I'll have a cheese platter with that please), I have to say that I was pressing the wrong Airplay button on all our devices. 

I was pressing the actual Airplay button  instead of the mirror button .




Yup. 

I'm a  .

It's funny; every time I do something stupid, I think of That 70's Show and Red calling Eric a dumbass. I seem to be doing that a lot lately... my brain is becoming not as educated as it was once, and I think part of it is the lack of socialization I do. 

Yes, it is my own fault for not going out and doing things, but I also don't get to talk to loads of people like I did at my last few jobs. I don't get to be in crowds or deal with anything. I sit at a computer for 8 hours and listen to podcasts, where I can't even talk about them with my co workers because my co workers don't want to hear it. 

So I get  moments and it's not fun.

Although my mother calls tonight's antics a "senior moment".


Until I can sort out my shenanigans, have a good night!


Cheers;









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!