Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, March 25, 2023

These little birdies...

... Aren't at my window... 

.. But they are outside.. singing up a storm...






Okay, so I tweaked Bob Marley's Three Little Birds song a bit, and I also got some slightly fuzzy pictures, but at least I made the attempt to capture someone new hanging out on the wall. 





He and his friends have been here for a few days already, but today was the first time I got to capture him in print. Sadly, I obviously didn't do so great as I was using my Canon Zoom Lens and shooting through the kitchen window with the lights on and the fog outside starting to dissipate. 

But at least I got a couple "good" photos. 

Plus the bird hanging on the lamp post in the adjacent parking lot. I think he's waiting for Saturday morning services to begin, even though no one else is there yet.







I started listening to The Scarecast yesterday at work. I think it's produced in what they're calling "3D immersive audio" because you get so wrapped up in the (less than 15 minute) story, when something creepy comes along in the headphones, you think it's right there with you. I know some of Aaron Mahnke's new stuff is being promoted as binaural audio and I've been looking forward to listening to his stuff. I just didn't know it's been going on for a few years, if The Scarecast has been using a similar feature. 

Each episode of the podcast is taken from various social network sites, as it's user generated and the person who created the podcast is the one putting it all together and reading the story. It's not one of those rainbow and lollipop shows - what I've heard so far is not dark, but it's not for an easy day of playing games. As the title alludes to, it's supposed to scare you, so with the random immersive audio, the knock on a door actually feels like it's in the room you are in. I don't want to give too many spoilers away, but the random ones about buying a car on Craigslist were crazy. Who is hyped up on energy at 3 in the morning and answers a post about buying a car? Overall, it's seemingly a decent listen, and again, being 15 minutes or under, it goes by quick. 

Time to get up and get out... so until I can find another topic... take care of things.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!