Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, June 22, 2023

"It’s a fine fine day, I tell you cause I think it’s so"

I've aged myself with the post title, as it's a quote from the 1995 Strangefolk album, Lore. It's track 6, Spectacular

Why are things "spectacular" and why is a fine day?

According to the new Apple update, the Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter glitch got fixed. 




I have the update downloaded, but haven't tried the adapter yet. I figured if it's listed as part of the update, surely it has to be a good sign. I can't wait to see if it works again, but that won't be for a while. I don't have an immediate need to transfer anything. 


Also, as good a sign as any, even my (Series 3) watch (finally) got an update!




It's not a big update, but it's a step closer to iOS 9 (even though newer models are closer to 9.1 I think). It's also been a year since anything was rolled out. 


Speaking of my watch and an update, I needed to update my bumper situation, as the protector I had on, had cracked. I had hit the glass at some point over a year ago, and made a ding on the screen. It was manageable as the dent didn't spider out and I could still use the case (it looked similar to this. So wearing it for a little over 2 years, I don't remember the exact model as I got it in a liquidation place). 

Thus I tried another bumper I bought at the liquidation place. The sales person said the box was 38/40 because the bumpers can fit on both a 38 and a 40mm watch. 

A wise musician once said they bought tried some and bought some, so I figured why not. I was assured the bumper would fit by the sales person. Well, I went to put one of the bumpers on and it was so tight on the watch, I couldn't move the dial on the side. I barely got the entire case on, so I think the box got mislabeled or I got misinformed. 

Since I think the place doesn't do returns, I'm stuck with the multipack of cases. I can always try to sell them at a yard sale, so hopefully it'll fit someone else's watch. 

Luckily, I had another multipack. Given the fact when I originally bought the cases, I had a job that made me think ahead in my purchases since I held an active position and I risked breaking my smart devices. Taking the blue case out of the pack, it was slightly tight, but everything is still moveable and touch screen works well. I have been wearing it now for almost 3 weeks. 

Knock on wood. 

Since I was changing things, I thought I might as well change the band. 

Amazon is calling it cheetah print (but leopard is also thrown around), and I've got two colors, grey and orange. I'm currently wearing the grey. It's a light grey, so not as dark as what is pictured. The orange is bright - like safety orange, orange. I was wearing that previously. Again, I bought the bands second hand, so I can't attest for what is linked, even though the products I've mentioned were originally bought on Amazon by someone else. 

I guess you get what you pay for when you order online. People think things will work and they don't. Sometimes you don't know it won't work until the return window closes or the place does allow returns and it goes to an after market seller. 

Which is why the bumpers and bands I've referenced here were purchased at a liquidation place. I think they buy the pallets from Amazon and then resell everything. But I could be wrong, so don't quote me. I honestly don't know how they do their magic. I just know the place is always slammed and I've bought some really amazing stuff there and have made little cousins happy with toys and gifts (among finding some tech and stuff for myself). 

I think I am going to wait until Prime Day (July 11 + 12) to order a new screen protector for my phone, as this is yet another thing that has some damage. Over the years, the screen has taken some hits, but the tempered glass I've got over the phone has held up. 

Until recently. 

Again, I don't remember exactly when or what happened, but there's piece of protector missing and it spidered out slightly. I've been dealing with it because the hole hasn't gotten bigger and the webbing hasn't moved. Last week I noticed a corner is starting to bubble up and warp. Trying to push it down to connect with the phone screen, it doesn't stick. If it can last a few more week, hopefully a new film will be on sale on Amazon. 

I guess that's it for now. I'll update the status of the adapter when I use it. 

Until then, stay cool (it was 100°) when I was going home from work today (at 5pm).


Cheers;











Happy birthday tomorrow, "Eddie". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!