Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Block party for one house?





Okay, it's not 1912, but picture this:


It's close to 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday. It's nearing 102°. It's sticky out. 

The weather is so warm, you don't want to leave the comfort of the inside of your house, where there air is cool.

But you have to. 

You need to run some errands and know the places are open for business for a couple more hours. 

As soon as you get out of the house and get to your car, you're blasted with humidity. 

And sound.

What is that?? Where is it?

Turn the left, where it seems to be resonating, you see your neighbor's red Cadillac in the driveway, 3 units down. His windows are rolled down and the garage is open. 

Looks like someone is having a block party for two (him and his wife). 

You stand there for a moment to see if anyone wanders out of the garage. 

Nope, it's so desolate, tumbleweeds might be growing. 

Shenanigans are brewing in places you're not privy to, apparently. 

Unless you go right up to the driveway.

Instead, you stand there a minute more, this time with your phone out.

Turn on the video camera, start recording Tracy Chapman singing about needing a reason to leave or not leave. 

That's a tough question.

No, this isn't The Clash, instead, it's a song ripped straight from 1995. Definitely brings me back to when I listened to the album during my junior high and high school years. 

I stood next to my car long enough to get about 30 seconds of video and then needed to get out to do errands. 

With this video, I didn't do any editing except put the dancing lyrics on the bottom. The sound is exactly how my phone picked it up. 

There's a reason Tay says "the fruit phone has amazing audio quality"... when I am not on Bluetooth... 





I guess this is as good as any reason to keep the phone? Not that I'm using it every day to make Hollywood videos, but at least the sound is quality enough that maybe the vision can keep up with it (slight tweaking I needed to do in Pinnacle, as I had to change settings the other day to make something else compressed enough to send in an email). 

I have to point out, I'm about 30 or so feet away from the vehicle. Maybe 40 feet. I'm bad at figuring this stuff out. 

I am sure one day I'll get on the phone bus with creating video content. But I still like using my DSLR and enjoy kicking things around in the software on my laptop. It's so much more manageable. 

Beggars can't be choosers, I know, but sometimes you just got to let it roll and see what happens. Phone apps are weird for me to edit on. I like the look and feel of a real monitor with keyboard and mouse. Call me old school. There's a reason my friend Rach called me a "neo-Luddite" once upon a time. 

As it is, I'm swapping between Pinnacle Studio 18 (used in 2014) and Cyberlink Power Director (used in 2012). I have no need to bells and whistles stuff. Until my laptop craps out on me, I'm perfectly fine with what I have.

Hopefully that won't happen... the laptop going sideways, but if it does, I think I have everything I need backed up on an external to install on a new computer. Problem with that will be hoping it's all compatible.

Fingers crossed it all works!

I guess that's it for now as I mainly wanted to share how well the phone records audio for still not being 100% sold on using it for every day sound and vision needs. 

Until I get more kinks kicked out of what I typically edit, and decide how I where I want my next photo adventure to take place, please take care of yourselves and stay hydrated!

Cheers;




See also (aka specs of video): 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!