Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Release the kraken spores!

Or just pick the damn thing and try to eat it. 

Your call. 

Went to the gym this morning and noticed the grass mushroom had opened up. The sidewalk mushroom was a bit embarrassingly shriveled. So when I got back from working out, I took photos. 

Again, all photos taken on an iPhone 11 and edited in Photoshop with just may name. 









Now I've got to watch for a gecko in the house. He ran in with me when I came in through the front door. I tried to catch him, but he's so fast and ugly, I don't know where he latched himself on to, because he disappeared from where he went hiding under. 

Yes, he's about 4 inches in length and just as round. I don't know what he's been eating but it's not one of the plop plop lizards. It's a ugly little gecko - dark and fast. 

Both my mother and I don't know how he has gone missing, but he's somewhere in the house. I feel crappy about it because I know better than to use the front door because of this very reason. Things like to run in after you if you're not careful. 

I have a clear plastic cup with a cover that we keep on the lanai for when I need to catch stuff (baby frogs, lizards). I call it my "frog catcher" because that was mainly what I was using it for. Then the geckos got to be too much, and now it's a mixed catcher. Once trapped, I bring the animal back outside, usually in another part of the environment (sometimes across the street to a neighbor's). I let the thing go and find his way back to wherever. 

Since this fugly feckin gecko decided to hide, I can't even use the catcher since he disappeared. I was too slow on the uptake to catch him the first time because I didn't want to bump into the moveable cabinet he ran behind. My depth perception is no good so I didn't think I had enough space. Now he's gone and I don't know how to find him. 

It's like the mouse incident all over again... 

Crap.

Until the gecko is found, don't try to lick anything you're not sure of. 


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!