Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobble gobble

Happy Thanksgiving! What are YOU thankful for?

Me? I'm just glad I have what I have, I know who I know, and that's what counts.


Watching the adverts lately, it looks like Kohls is going to be having some big door buster sale. Normally, if you spend $50, you get 10 Kohls cash back. For Black Friday (tomorrow), they're offering $15 instead. Man, I tell you, if it weren't going to be a 45 minute drive and be a line around the block, I'd go. I like shopping there because you can get everything you need and get money back at the same time (if you spend the right amount... but they do offer a percentage off if you open a credit card, and they allow you to pay your credit card off right there at the register). Funny enough, because of my Kohls cash, last Christmas, I got the Jack LaLanne power juicer for $69 because was starting to go on sale. Normal price is $99. I love that juicer. But yeah, Kohls is good. A co worker and I actually talked about it this week - how he loves getting his 6 year old everything there, and know it'll last longer than a week. So if you can stand the lines, I suggest going for the cash. You're bound to find something.



18022_BF Code: Everyone saves an extra 15% off w/ Code: BLACKFRI + Free Shipping on $50 (11/21-11/23)






Now that we got Black Friday and Thanksgiving out of the way....






Tuesday we went to the Sandsculpting Competition/ Championship on Fort Myers Beach. Took lots of really cool photos. The sculptors are really talented!

I didn't get closeups of everything, but one sculpture was really neat. It's called "Old Man Winter", and unfortunately, I didn't get the name of the person who made it.














You can really see the level of detail that was put into this piece. The entire thing looks like this:

 

Another interesting one, "Bet The Farm", wasn't so much a winner. It was put in the way back, where it looks like ideas were left to die.

 



"Mined" is really cool - especially the detail in the brain:









If you have time this week/end, and are around, I think the competition is staying until Sunday. $5 to get in, vendors, and enough amazing art to last a lifetime. Fort Myers Beach. The entrance is on Estero, by the Holiday Inn. Information is here and here.



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!