Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, January 6, 2019

"Here we are now, entertain us"

Well; I had my first "Siri ≠ Alexa" moment this morning.

Call it "you haven't made your coffee yet" or call it "duh, stupid", but Alexa (Amazon assistant) does not answer to "Siri" (Apple assistant).

What transpired, you ask?

I wanted to put on some music while making my coffee and smoothie, so I go up to the Echo Dot and say "Siri". It's not flashing. "Siri", I say again. Still not flashing. Tried it a third time to no avail. I said to my mom "Siri's not working. ☹️", to which my mom replied "Because her name is 'Alexa'. I've done it before - called it 'Siri'".

So I go back over to the hockey puck, say, "Alexa," (enter flashy lights) "play 1990's alternative". She immediately replies "Playing 1990's Alternative & Grunge Station on Amazon Music".

Enter Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Under The Bridge", and I'm like, "I had this tape!" and my mom goes "I think you did". Next song, Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and the same thing happened - "I had this tape!". My mom got tired of "the screaming" so "Alexa, next track". Up comes Dave Matthews Band, Ants Marching. Another album I had. I guess I was a 90s kid after all?

I stopped DMB mid way, as my coffee was made, my smoothie was made, and I wanted to write about this mishap.

And wow... I typed in "Siri" in Amazon's search box... Apple TV devices are being sold! This is new...!


Anyway... Time to do something somewhere...


Cheers;








See also (aka the post title):
Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!