Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Take it to the limit

This morning, I said to Alexa, "Play Disturbed 'Sound Of Silence'" and she repeated "The Sound Of Silence, by Disturbed, on Amazon Music" and here comes the song (doo doo doo doo).

Then I said "Alexa, play Godsmack 'Come Together'". She didn't like that; it took her a second to realize we don't pay for Unlimited Music.

She said that "Come Together isn't included with Prime but is available with Amazon Music Unlimited". She asked me if I wanted to learn more, and when I said "no thank you" (because you have to be nice to these machines or bad things happen), she said "OK. You can sign up anytime by saying: 'Sign up for Amazon Music Unlimited'". She then played the 30 second sample of the song.

So; we reached the limit, or at least found out, what's available and what's not, for normal Prime membership.

I should have asked if it will play Godsmack 'Rocky Mountain Way' because I heard that on the radio the other day, on my way in to work (which is how I ended up finding 'Come Together'... by the power of research a day later). I bet Alexa will give me the same answer as 'Come Together' because it's on the same album.

I guess the end result is to be careful what you ask to play, and listen to the questions (or answers) back, so you don't inadvertently order something?



Oh, and fun fact for the Massholes: Betcha didn't know Godsmack hails from Lawrence!



Happy Sunday!


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!