Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, March 27, 2020

“Blue, blue, electric blue”

“That's the color of my room
Where I will live
Blue, blue
Pale blinds drawn all day
Nothing to do, nothing to say
Blue, blue
I will sit right down, waiting for the gift of sound and vision“
David Bowie, Sound & Vision. Low. 1977


The song has been in my head for a couple days. Bouncing around and I don’t know why. Maybe it’s due to being cooped up in a small office space with various team members or being in my room when I am not at work, but this isn’t a fun time. 

What’s pretty damn interesting, is, I got my mouse. I am using it now with my keyboard and AV Adapter

Set up was slightly straightforward, as I had researched it prior to getting the thing. Needing to turn on “Assistive Touch” in the Accessibility setting, it was a matter of turning on the mouse and syncing it to my phone. 

It’s totally going to take some time getting used to!

I tried swiping up to clear the screens of everything and couldn’t. All the open windows that I usually close after using... the control center for the Assistive Touch comes in to play and you have to scroll through that and get the App Switcher menu option. Problem was, I accidentally pressed “Emergency Call”. I had to quickly grab my phone and cancel it because I think it was calling 911. #Fuck. #Oops. Sorry!!!! BE CAREFUL. There’s no way to take that off the control panel for the screen, so all the more reason to watch what you’re doing. I need to test all the functions of this mouse as well, as a single or double tap can be made into something different. Also, the scrolling is backwards, it seems. Instead of scrolling down, to actually scroll down, the screen scrolls up. 

Using the keyboard to type this, I have to sort out the commands as well. I keep forgetting Windows control shortcuts ≠ Apple control shortcuts. #Fail. It does seem to be working, however, even though I feel I am fumbling through this post. The Caps Lock key keeps popping up my Bitmoji selections and I don’t want that - I want to be able to capitalize a letter or two without having to resort to pressing Shift. Something else to try to adapt or look in to. Ugh... #smh.

I’ll probably post some pictures tomorrow of what this set up looks like; I just wanted to try to make a post tonight with everything to see how it all feels. I don’t want to have to regret this... for how many times I’ve said I have wanted it.....?



Stay safe, stay six feet a part and be healthy.


Cheers;



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!