Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, March 20, 2020

"You know she said so..."

"... She's in love with me
and I feel fine"
The Beatles. I Feel Fine. 1964

I'm in love with no one but it's okay. I feel fine even though everyone is panicking over the current pandemic going on in this world (Up to date CDC coverage here). 

As per the usual "SHTF" moments, everyone is emptying the shelves for toilet paper. Even Amazon is having a hard time keeping up. I'm seeing a lot of third party sellers right now (the price + $ shipping) on the website, when I searched "toilet paper". Or, the name brands are "currently unavailable (see here). Stores are selling out so quickly that they can't keep up. I was shopping in various grocery chains and the clerks say they got several pallets in that morning, and within 30 minutes the pallets were empty. Same goes with paper goods (towels, plates, etc). 

I do have to point out that it's 7:28pm on Friday March 20, 2020. This could change tomorrow... the stock situation.

Speaking of stock, the financial district took a dive too. I don't know squat about the market, so I am going to leave it at that. 

People are also hitting up cleaning items - bleach, disinfectant, etc. This disease that's hit us - the Coronavirus (aka novel coronavirus | COVID 19), is definitely putting people through a loop. No one knows what to do because it's world wide and is affecting people differently with symptoms, even though there is no space on Earth that this hasn't touched. It started in Wuhan, China and spread out to hit Italy pretty heavy, then it went to other countries, including the US (and they say the States are 10 days behind Italy. Places are in total quarantine because it's such a new virus, that doctors don't know how to contain it. It's spreadable (not like peanut butter) through humans, so now the warning is to "practice social distancing and stay 6 feet a part". As all symptoms are different, the main one is cough and fever. And it can be any time to hit you. 

I don't know a lot. It's all so confusing because reports are saying different things. With the lockdowns and quarantines, public places are closed or closing. Bars and restaurants are offering carry out or delivery only. Grocery stores are limiting quantities per person on items that are also food. 

Situations are happening where all those zombie| apocalypse movies have prepared us for. Ghost towns with people shuttering in doors. I'm so deep in my little bubble, I honestly don't know what to explain or how to explain. I'm really like "huh??". I know it's bad; the death toll everywhere is so high, that the numbers seem made up. Same goes with the people testing positive. How can 10k+ be healthy one day and the next (ok, within 14 days) feel like the flu is a walk in the park? This is beyond crazy.

Yet, I've gone shopping in the stores, as well as making enough purchases on Amazon over the last few days that I've actually started getting closer to $0.00 in my gift card balance. I've been saving up my cards for something major and big, like I did for my camera (remember that Canon T7i I got??). This time, I decided to not purchase "essentials" but stupid stuff that I've either been saying I wanted or just restocking my low pile. 

The other day I ordered:

Package / order #1
Package / order #2
Package / order #3
  • Logitech M535 Bluetooth Mouse
    • It's projected to arrive April 2. But now that I see the page again and am linking to it, it's in stock again in May and will ship out May 7. Well.. shit. Amazon guarantee said April 2 when I purchased it. As well as saying it on my invoice. If I don't get it by then, they would refund me the price of the mouse. I hope I get it on the guarantee date!
  • Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter
    • It's projected to arrive Wednesday.

Guess my "priorities" are a little different than anyone else's? 

Although, I did have to go to Walgreens yesterday to pick up two bags of Emergen-C Protein Powder Fuel & Superfoods (16 Servings, 1lb bag). I've been using this every day for a few months (yes, I replenish my stock) and it's expensive as hell in the stores - $29.99 for the thing. Amazon had it for $26 last month, and now that they currently have it out of stock, it's listing as $23.13. Which is a good price, considering the smaller package (7 servings, 7.6oz bag) isn't available on this site, but I have found it in Walmart for $14.96. But... now that I searched Wally World, it's a "Walmart Exclusive" - the smaller bag. Duh. That's why it's not anywhere else. *facepalm,*

I'm ridiculous; I know. It has been one of those crazy-train, weird rides the last two weeks because of what's happening in the world, and I'm just trying to figure out my job situation because of it, and keep doing what I need to do, to maintain normalcy. 

I guess I should check in on here more???




Stay safe and healthy!!!!


Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!