Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, March 21, 2021

"One more cup of coffee for the road"

 A few weeks ago, I was in Costco. I walked out spending almost $100 and I bought things I typically wouldn't have bought. 


Like cans of cold brew


It's a 12 pack case of 11 ounce Colombian coffee. I thought it would be good to bring to work, but after trying it a couple times with a sugar packet and some various creamers, I found out it's not the best tasting cup of java. 


I don't know if it's due to the aluminum can, or it's the way the coffee is brewed, but there's a weird (after) taste to it. Even no sugar and plain half and half, it's odd. 


I've had other cold brew before. I've made my own, via the pitcher and strainer method, and it all comes out tasting better than the Kirkland version.


So I got to thinking of how I can better utilize the drink without wasting the rest of the case. 


I decided to make a home made slushie drink that a popular java chain is known for. 


I started out with a 30+ year old Black and Decker BL12475G Crush Master Blender. The same blender I make my morning smoothies in. 


And the same blender that we used to make frozen adult beverages in... Ask Tay... he can tell you a couple stories...


I add a little over a cup of ice to the bottom of the blender. 


Then I add a splash of Italian Sweet Creme Liquid Coffee Creamer (because it's all I have right now).


And finally the can of cold brew. 


Turn the blender on, puree style, and let it bzzzzzz bzzzz   whip everything up and get frothily slushy. 


Pour it in a big cup, add some whipped topping, and to hell I go... because the ingredients in this drink are gonna push me into getting medication I don't want. 


But it tastes a lot better whipped up with ice (okay, don't do the whip cream if you don't want to) than it tastes plain in a cup over ice.


It takes about 2 hours for me to finish it. It'll make around 30 ounces of drink, all said and done.... because of the ice, creamer and coffee. It's an airy mess.


I'd post pictures, but I need to get them taken and transferred over to my computer, so next time I make one, I'll post photos. 


Until then... Stay thirsty.


Cheers; 



See also (aka post title came from this song):

  • Bob Dylan, One More Cup of Coffee
    • Be forewarned: This is not the Zimmerman some generations might know. The song comes out of the 1975 Desire album and sounds very Eagles Hotel California-esque in its drum pattern, violin playing, guitar strumming and vocal range. I was quite surprised to hear it, as it's got more than a folk mix to it. There's something there that I can't put my finger on... an underlying lack of words to explain how interestingly intriguing this song is. I can't understand half the song (hello.. it's the King of Mumble City we're talking about), but it's very... sorry... I need to be that person right now and not stereotype as I write this... it's very Eastern European sounding. Not something you'd find in the Western (North America) World. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!