Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

All in how we perceive things...

 ... at 6 o'clock in the morning.



Wow... I feel like someone didn't do their job right. 


I recently bought Orgain Organic Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean and started it this morning for my breakfast, as I don't typically eat a meal. It's usually a smoothie of sorts and a cup of coffee. I'm usually fine until 11:15 or so, when I try to wait until noon to eat lunch. 





I am copying the ingredient list off Amazon, but it's true to what the container says.


Orgain Organic Protein Blend(PEA Protein, Brown rice Protein, Chia Seed), Natural flavor,Orgain Organic Creamer Base(Acacia Gum, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Rice Dextrin, Rice Bran Extract, Rosemary Extract), Erythritol,Orgain Organic 50 Superfoods Blend(Millet,Amaranth,Buckwheat,Quinoa,Chia, Kale powder, Apple Pulp, Cinnamon, Orgainc Sprouts Bleand(Amaranth Sprout, Quinoa Sprout, Millet Sprout,Buckwheat Sprout,Garbanzo Bean Sprout,Lentil Sprout,Adzuki Sprout,Flax Sprout,Sunflower Sprout, Pumpkin Sprout, Chia Sprout, Sesame Sprout), Organic Super Veggies, Super Berries,Super Grasses and Super Foods Blend(ACAi, Cranberry, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, OAT Grass,Banana, Mango,Beet, Carrot,Spinach, Broccoli,Tomato,Kale,Cabbage,Parsley Leaf,Brussels Sprout,Green Bell Pepper, Cucumber,Celery,Garlic,Ginger root,Green onion,Cauliflower,Asparagus,Pineapple,Turmeric,strawnerry,Tart Cherry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Raspberry,Natural flavor, Sea salt, Acacia Gum,Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum,Stevia,Organic Food based Vitamin C(Amla Fruit Extract),Organic Food based Vitamin B Blend(Guava, Holy Basil, Lemon Extract).


As this is supposed to be "vanilla bean" flavored, I figured I'd attempt to jazz it up a little by adding frozen pineapple chunks and strawberries to it (as my ice base). Add PBfit All-Natural Peanut Butter Powder and coconut water as the liquid base (I used Kirkland [Costco] brand). 


Put everything on "puree" in my blender, and woosh it up. 


Pour it in my cup, take a sip, and holy mother of god...someone was a wee bit heavy handed in the cinnamon department. 


I know this contains cinnamon, but I bought the Vanilla Bean flavor... not a powdered Red Hot. 


As this sat for a few minutes and everything mixed more together, I took another sip. 


I tasted apples. Mixed with the cinnamon.


It tasted like a freshly made apple pie. Even smells like it too.


How is this possible? I have peanut butter powder in this. I have fresh strawberries and canned pineapple. There's coconut water in it!! I'm drinking a dessert, for Pete's sake... when I'm supposed to be having breakfast!


I told my mom. Explained what's in it. She took a sip. Said all she tasted was peanut butter and strawberries. Yet, the more I drank, the more I tasted the cinnamon apples. 


I shouldn't have told her what's in it. Let her figure it out herself. 


I guess it's all in your head... what you think is in it or it tastes like, versus what you tell people is in it and what they think it tastes like. 


I guess tomorrow I'll not put the frozen fruit in and see what happens, as I make one smoothie a day and I've got to get ready for work. 


So buyer beware: if you're like my friend Cat and allergic to cinnamon, this is not for you. If you don't like cinnamon, stay away from this product. Don't get me wrong; it's not horrendous. It just surprised the hell out of me. I wasn't expecting it. More reason to keep trying it, and maybe the powders didn't mix properly in the container or something, so I just got a pocket of cinnamon instead of an overall gentler taste. We'll see tomorrow.


Wish me luck..



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!