Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Random shopping = price on point?

I was in one of the local Walmarts this morning and happened to cruise down the vitamin aisle. I like seeing what the price differences are on the mixes / powders I get from other places. 

On my recent Amazon order, I decided to try the "subscribe and save" option for the Orgain Organic Protein + Superfoods Powder, as they were going to give a couple dollars off and it seems like a discount per purchase if I do it every 2 months. As I don't want to have to find a friend who subscribes to Costco every single time, I might as well save the couple dollars in ounces and buy the smaller one online. I'll just have to ask said friends when I need the water and other random bulk items. 

But.. to the point I want to make today... the Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder (1.02 pound container...which seems to be the smallest container made by the brand) is the same price right now at Walmart and on Amazon. 

Amazon: 
With the listing as $19.98 with a subscribe and save option it comes out to be $18.98. 

The subscribe and save option "is only" a 5% difference, but that can be local tax in the grocery store. 

Also, Prime members get free shipping and where I have done multiple orders already with the other powder, there's no additional tax on it. I've also been getting it pretty quickly.



Walmart:
The shelf read $19.98 and the price per ounce is actually a little more (1.23 in store vs 1.22 on Amazon). 

Again, you'd be apt to pay tax on it in the store, so let's figure it'll be over $20.10 depending on local figures. 




I don't know if it's the normal price at Walmart, but I've not seen it lower than $19.50. So this has to be regular price. Sometimes Amazon has a deal of the day and you can snag it for less, as I did that a couple months ago with the Superfoods one - it was $17 and change. I ended up buying two for $35 and change because it was a good deal. And with it being the 2.04 pound tub, it was a better deal than what the local stores are selling the small one for. 

So all in all, it does pay to price check and I heard on the news the other day that with the costs of things going up, people really should pay attention to markets and do their research. Most people have access to the internet somehow and if you can print coupons or price check other stores, you're in a better shape then you were five minutes ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!