Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Signed up and ready to roll. Or a plea of the times?

I listen to podcasts. I watch various tutorials online. People talk about websites for funding, crowdsourcing and tipping. I wanted to look in to it.

As a lot of my friends and family have said to me that I should be monetizing my photo stream, either by selling my pictures at craft fairs and other outlets, I've let snaps go on here for the world to see, all these years on the Google interwebz. I've always hesitated on printing my pictures and trying to sell them in person because I thought the price per print / frame / etc. would cost more than the item sold. Even though I get raved reviews over my work, it's hard to figure out if there's an actual need or want the pretty consumption. Yet, I post the nature, decorations, thoughts of the moment, quite frequently online, and I really don't think twice over it. It's weirdly hypocritical, I know. 

So after talking it over with "people living the experience", I have signed up for Ko-Fi. It seems simpler than the competitors and my friends say it's trustworthy. Ask my cousin, and he'll say he trusts a better known tiered member driven site over all others, but you have to choose your own adventure sometimes. 

As I honestly use this blog to write part time, I don't want it to take over my full time life. I have a 40 hour a week job as it is. I have heard stories on the talk programs I subscribe to, where they feel like the better known "public tip jar" has become their main work. It's hindering the 9-5 they have had for over a decade and their jobs are getting sloppy. All because they've got to create extra content for their show, for the top level members and can't seem to catch a break on sleep or life. There has become no work / life balance and the rabbit hole is getting deeper the more seasons there are of the show. 

I don't want that to become my life. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. I enjoy posting here when I get something going. This all started as a side hobby from my college days and it turned into such a crazy three headed hydra, that I don't know where to even turn back to. So I must keep going forward and to figure out how to post stuff for "insiders" is not something I think I can do. If I want to share something with the world, why force people to follow a special link and know the secret password? Do you like what you see here on my blog? Let me know - comment directly, send me an email, use the freshly made Ko-Fi link. I may have "comment moderation" turned on, but I typically allow the reviews. If I feel you're out of line with what I'm doing, I delete your words. It happens sometimes, but not all the time. 

So for those who are about to rock, I salute you. For those who want to kick back and relax, here's a drink. 

Stay amazing. 

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!