Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Must be a new season!

 As I sit at my desk, looking out the window, the Grinch is staring at me from across the street while Buddy the Elf is taking a pee. 




I don't know how Buddy got shifted around, but the group is missing Bumble, as in years past, he's made his presence known. He might have thought it's too hot here this year to make an appearance, as it's currently 76 degrees out. 

Tay messaged me last night with pictures of "the first snow of the season". It as still too light of a dusting to really call it a lot, even for it being close to 9pm. 

So Florida weather scares away the better decorations. 

Except the penguins.

 



The penguins belong next door, so I had gone out to get better pictures of the stuff across the street and figured I'd get Ed's stuff too. 




All of the above pictures are taken on the Canon EOS Rebel T7i camera and edited in Photoshop CS5 (for name, sharpen and some auto tones), while the picture below was taken the other night on my iPhone 11 in the Skype app. No edits but putting on my name. 



You can see the scope of some of the lights and how bright they are down the road. It's massively crazy to drive home after 6pm and see half the block all light up, as the neighbors seem to want to compete with each other. 

With all the decorations and reminders to give gifts, I know people are starting to get their party on. So much talk of White Elephant events, it's like "what do I do?" / "What do I choose?". I started to put a board together on Pinterest to help my friends out.. just random stuff. Things I would buy to submit for the soiree(s). I tried to stay under $25, as most hosts ask for under twenty. The lucky few are $30 or less. Gag gifts or not, I'm sure someone's going to have a laugh... 


Until I get get my camera charged and take more holiday pictures..

Stay warm, stay dry, stay cool. Just don't leave the lights on all night.


Cheers




See Also (aka the decorations list - links via Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!