Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Are we cold yet?

 The "real feel" of winter is currently 39° as of the start of this blog post (Christmas Day, 12/25/22, 11:30am).



However, it's supposed to be 45°.




Choose your coat wisely. 

I was going through a box this morning, looking for a bling'ed out watch bumper to give to someone today because they got a new Apple Watch for Christmas and you know they're going to scratch this one at some point (the whole reason they got a new one - they cracked the old one to the point that it's worth nothing as a trade in and she can't use it in the pool anymore because the insides will get totally destroyed). 

I didn't realize how "expensive" they are, until I just searched on Amazon. No wonder why I got them fairly cheap at the liquidation place... 

Anyway, I found a speaker I haven't used since I won it on Amazon's Giveaway site a few years ago. Amazon no longer does the daily free winnings, and it looks like they don't even carry the speaker anymore either. 






Don't mind what looks like dust in the pictures. It's remnants of a salt lamp I've cleaned up since taking the photos.

After searching for the specific keyword terms on Amazon, nothing pops up with this exact model. It's like it's totally disappeared from the warehouse and has gone over to eBay and other selling sites, as that's where I found it (for under $15 after shipping and handling). 

I figured I'd charge the speaker up and see how it still works. Attach it to my phone and hang it somewhere in my bathroom - I'd like to be able to listen to podcasts while I shower because I seem to be getting to distracted in my thoughts lately. I did quite the doozy of a cut the other day while shaving.

TMI, I know, but that's what happens when I have brain squirrel moments. 

So if I have something else to take my mind off bathroom stuff, maybe it'll help. Who knows; it's worth a shot. 

I just don't remember how long I need to charge it. Therefore, it'll be hanging out, getting some juice, while we go to our friend's house for a traditional family meal (we take turns - my mother does Hanuka latkes while the friend does Christmas ham. We're good like that). 

Considering the house we're going to, feels like family as it is, when even "grandma" treats my mother like the local favorite... instead of her own daughter... some days! It works! 

Therefore, as I sit here in front of an open window, getting the 39° blown at me, I've really got to think about getting ready because we're supposed to go over a little earlier so make sure the host gifts are opened properly (without the scouring eyes of the rest of the attendees) and the non hotline bling is acceptable for the new time piece. 

Enjoy the day, stay warm and continue fluctuating on that naughty and nice list. I know Santa needs to be reminded how crazy we are every once in a while....





Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!