Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Last night's fireworks set off this morning's low hanging clouds

 Happy 2023.

January 1, 2023. 

Need to keep writing "2023" so the next time I write a check, I don't write "2022" on it. 

Ever notice it takes a couple weeks to stop writing the previous year's date on checks?

Who still writes checks??? 

Me. 


Anyway, I didn't make it past 9pm last night, but at one point, random fireworks woke me up. I didn't go see where the boom was coming from. I just went back to sleep. 

I haven't checked in with all my friends yet, but I'm sure the ones who treated themselves to expensive drinks, probably didn't make it til midnight either (yes, Foamy, I'm talking about you. LOL). But I am sure everyone did fine. Even the ones with sparkling cider in their mugs. 

So this morning, we wake up, and the sky has fallen. 








What a way to start the new year?

I didn't do any major editing on some of the photos because the "auto" created a bit of crazy on the zoomed in pictures. It was interesting, but not worth posting. Maybe next time, though. 

All the photos were taken on an iPhone 11 and edited on an HP Pavilion G6. 

Oh, I found out something interesting the other day - speaking of the fruit family. 

My Apple Watch Series 3 can no longer be updated to the newest iOS. It's going to be permanently on 8.7.1 as Apple stopped supporting the watch. 

Wait... what??

Apple officially stopped supporting the Series 3 watch back in October (2022). So the last update it got was 8.7.1 and will not go further. Upon research, everything points to Apple going forth to launch all the newest models, so the one I own (which I bought November 2019, so it's not that old fer Chrissake) basically is literally on borrowed time until I decide to get the newest and greatest. 

Which is a waste because it still works. It still does its thing. It just can't update anymore. Yet, my 11 keeps getting new updates. I bought that at the same time I bought the watch. 

Which now that I talk about it, it'll stop being supported to. I bet anything. 

No wonder why Amazon is listing the 3 as either "unavailable" (no price) or some third party seller has it for over $150. The Series 4 and 5 are being listed as "renewed" which means they're refurbished and on the way out too, considering the brand is up to 8 right now. 

How sad; a product not even 5 years old and already "obsolete" in tech times. No wonder why people go broke over technology. The depreciation value of your device far exceeds being able to use it for the six months it's working. Wait a year and there will be two more products on the line that push yours further down the "do not use" rabbit hole. 

Sorry, but I don't have money readily available to update my phone or watch at a sneeze. If I am still using an old HP laptop, there's no way I am getting a spanking new phone every year. I've updated my Canon Camera, sure, but that's because you can't buy 35mm film anymore and no one processes it. So I get as new of a model as I can afford that will gain me the right experiences to continue to take photos. 

Of which I still don't like using my phone, but this morning I didn't feel like setting everything up.

And if you couldn't tell, the palm trees are starting to grow back from the hurricane. 

The area is still having challenges and still picking up. It'll take well into the next decade to complete things. Definitely a scary thought and makes me want to get out of this place even more. Maybe the new year will bring a new job and something good? 

Until we can figure it out...

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!