Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Welcome to Christmas Eve in the south, y'all!

 As I start typing this, it is 8:20am on Saturday, December 24, 2022. The current weather is 41° with a "feels like" 35.





How's that for living in the dick of the country??? Everyone across the United States is getting a terrible snow storm - blizzard like conditions - and The Wang is getting numbers that don't belong here, even as a retiree! 

This place is for those in their 60s and over, and the weather pattern should be that of the 70s and up. When it's cold enough that the temperature is hovering around this writer's age, you know there's something going on that doesn't belong. 

Especially since I'm sitting here in long pants, long sleeves and might be wearing a hoodie. I thought we moved here to get out of the cold, not have a weekend of it (and no snow)? 

It's Christmas Eve. We should be getting the typical White Christmas (even though there were some years we didn't back north). We shouldn't be getting the cold front with no cloud droppage. What a tease, this place. 

Maybe the snow is good for the rest of the country and I do want to touch and see it, but it being 41° and not a flake in sight is sad. Not even everyone's favorite ice elf came to pay a visit. He's too busy drifting it up across this continent. 

One of the neighbors who lives down the street, Teddy, just walked by. He's out walking his dog, and the dog is dressed more than he is - dog has sweater on, Teddy has a woolie hat, sweatshirt and shorts. Plus sneakers. My mom saw him as he passed one side of the house first, and she said to me to "watch Teddy and what he's wearing!". Morning fun, I supposed. Doesn't help Teddy is from New Hampshire (by way of New York). So this is nothing for him. Which I totally understand. I'm sitting here starting to sweat and our heat isn't even on. Fat kids in long outfits don't mix. 

But I remember up north, when I was in college, and the kids from upstate Maine and Vermont would be wearing shorts and t shirts (well, the kid from Vermont would wear booty shorts, flip flops and a wife beater and say he's fine, and there's 4 feet of snow outside, while the kid from Maine would at least be wearing jeans and a t shirt with sneakers. Happens to be they were both room mates), and we'd all think they were crazy ("nuts" for the VT kid, as he barely covered his with his shorts). 

To each his own. Which is why I get Teddy's shorts and a sweater thing. I know he owns long pants, but who wants to wear them, if you're hanging out in the house all day? If you have to go out, just throw on a pair of old shorts. Don't waste a good outfit? What if the pants were his work pants? All the more reason not to have to put them on just to walk the dog... 

Everyone else I've seen walk past my window... well... let's just say they look like they're expecting the blizzard to come our way. Between the hat, gloves, long down comforter type of jacket, pants, sweater, boots... no wonder why I'm already over heating. I'm too hot just watching these people walk past my window! 

I just did an Amazon search for "down jacket", and wow, some of them are expensive! The Amazon Basics one is one of the the cheapest at $21.90 (on sale but the larger size is more money). There's a no name brand for $13.99 but the reviews are lousy. Otherwise it seems everything is $60 and over - some are listed at $200. Makes me kind of glad I found a coat in 2017 (even though I ended up not needing it). I guess it's so out of fashion at this point, I can't find it anywhere online. Not Amazon, not Target (where I bought it), nowhere. 

34 minutes later, and I'm running in circles on here. I supposed I should stop while I'm ahead, as we are going out to breakfast with a friend soon, and I know if I keep rambling, 9:30 will be here before I know it and the friend will be outside waiting.

Stay warm;


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!