Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Friday, August 11, 2023

It's like when Vanilla Ice tweaked the bass line!

Yesterday started the first day of school here in Florida. 

In the "heat advisory: it's going to get to be 112° in some places" part of the state, administrators aren't recommending any type of shorts for the students; they have to wear long pants. Dress nice of sorts (with no shorts), since all the schools have air conditioning, the kids will be fine (they say). 

Let's see how long that lasts. -rolls eyes- I've got to dress nicely at my current job, and I'm sweating just thinking about wearing my long pants and short sleeve shirt even before I shower, dress, and get to work. 

That's not the point of this post. I wanted to bring up, by no means of promoting this (because I'm not), there's a new school in Naples that opened its doors for the first time on Wednesday. I'm for education, but not what is considered education in The Sunshine State. 

Anyway, the new school is officially called "Aubrey Rogers High School" and the news has been talking about it for two days because it's just that exciting, I guess. I don't know anything about Naples and why they needed a new high school, so I can't make any comments as to what happened to the old one, if there was an old one. 

The only thing I know, is that through the power of what images have been shown, the school has taken creative liberty with a specific sports team... a team that I'm familiar with. 

Which team is it? It's The New England Patriots. 

Why is this relevant? 

Because the school teams are called Patriots and they use a Minuteman logo as the "face" of all their stuff (more on that in a minute). Plus, there is a Collier County Schools website that lists this place on "Patriot Place". 



Which also happens to be where the Kraft Group situates itself in an all encompassing plaza and stadium, called "Patriot Place" (in Foxboro, Mass). 




I did ask the Internet why the school was calling themselves Patriots, and according to the Collier County Schools site:

"The school colors and mascot choices needed to be made because of supply chain delays. Feedback was considered from the new high school workgroup and a focus group of middle school students, who will be attending the new high school. The patriotic mascot — with red, white, and blue colors — aligns with the school’s address on Veterans Memorial Boulevard and continues the Patriots theme with Veterans Memorial Elementary School, which shares the same road."

Supply chain delays?? I can see maybe the whole alignment with the address on Veterans Memorial Blvd, but why then is there a second address of Patriot Place? This same site contradicts itself with where the school is located. 

The school is so new, it's a patch of land on Google Maps.




Which is probably why it's using the Veterans Memorial address as the postal address. 

So.. to get back to the reason why I labeled this post in reference to Vanilla Ice: 

The school tweaked the NFL team's logo just enough, that it's not the trademarked Pat the Patriot. 

Aubrey Rogers logos:




New England Patriots logos:



As you can see, the first three images are for the school (with a squared jawline) while the next three are the football team (with a pointed jawline). 

Technically, both are not the same but they are the same in a weird way. I think even the NFL team had some iteration of the school version through out during my youth. This not not a Mandela Effect, I am sure.

I can sit here all day and night pointing out the parts that make these logos entirely different, just like I can sit here and point out what makes them the same. It's the whole addition of the quarter note on the fourth beat. Both are trademarked equally, and both shall reign within their respective arenas.

At the end of the day, I shouldn't let this stuff effect me the way it does. It's why I can't sit and enjoy a movie - I find the stupidest things wrong in the film. The Easter eggs that no one else might see, in a way. Graphic design similarities that sometimes people don't put two and two together with, or something just looks too funky and makes you wonder "who approved this???". Such is life, I suppose. 

Until I can sort out more nonsense in this lifetime, watch the roads because the kids are out in droves, in the dark, waiting for their busses..


Cheers;






See Also:
* Queen and David Bowie: Under Pressure from The Platinum Collection (track 19)
* Vanilla Ice: Ice Ice Baby from To The Extreme (track 01). I had this cassette tape when it dropped... 🙈

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!