Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Work it

 I'm so behind the times, I was previously using some third party GIF maker for a decade before I inadvertently went through 2 different laptops (first world non tech-savvy problems. *rolls eyes*).

Long story short, I don't remember the program I was using prior to getting on the current computer. 

Sure, I've got Windows 8.1, which by now, is old enough that given the end of the year, it won't be able to be patched or fixed or anything else. All services used are currently giving warnings (Chrome, etc) that it's kindly being suggested I upgrade to 10 (or higher) in order to keep things in tip top shape. If everything is still working, why should I throw it out the window? 

And no, Tay, this doesn't mean I'm ready to install the dark side. 



Yet.




Anyway, because I can't remember what program I was using eons ago (I'm already aging my use with this HP beast as it's a Pavilion g6 ... something I really didn't start using until 2019) so I've been trying my luck at making moveable art in Photoshop. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm using Photoshop CS5 (from 2012. Currently, now all you can find online is a subscription model of Photoshop, unless you figure out a straight download) to try to sort out how to animate pictures. 

I know, I know. Upgrade your stuff already and stop complaining. I don't want to... it still works.

To a point.

But like I said, I was using a third party program and can't find the freeware among my current hard drive back up. 

Therefore, through the power of the internet (because I know there are tons of books online), I have been able to slightly figure out how to tinker with animation in my version of PS. It's not the best, but I'm trying. 

The three I'm posting here, have been posted to a ("game") social network site I belong to. They're part of an overall avatar collection for my profile. The site I'm on is like a lot of other social networks - you can like and rate a person. The difference with this place is, users need so many "likes" to level (when they get to certain points in the game). I'm at the level where I need 7.5k like in order to move up and onwards 


So I made myself a few pleading avatars. 


















They're not fancy. I can admit that. They are also stock images I have found online. I wanted a fun and positive looking message through out, and who doesn't like coloring, Minions and building blocks? 

There will be a point where I want to designate time and create my own designs with images, but where this is one of those quick things to do for a place where people focus on other things (leveling, shiny bling, sometimes NSFW stuff.. yes, this is an 18+ site I'm on), just getting the 7,265 thumbs up on my profile has taken almost a year already. Needing 235 more button pushes, I'll do what I can to make people notice me. 

I guess that's it for now. I wanted to post the GIFs over here. Maybe I'll try to recreate the Carnivale GIFs I did (20 years ago) and pass them around to friends for my own amusement.

Until I sort it out even further, hope the heat is enjoyable!


Cheers;







See Also
Photoshop & it's Adobe counterparts on Amazon
* Photoshop tutorials via Amazon
* Carnivale via Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!