Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, December 3, 2018

Chanukah, oh Hanukkah!

Come light the menorah?


Do we have a menorah? Yes; we have several. Are they lit? Technically... they're electric. Some years, we don't believe in fire in my house.

Anyway, the "don't say its' name or it responds" is all hooked up and ready to listen and secretly report to the CIA to us.

As it was a Chanukah present for my mother, what better way to try it out, then to ask it Hanukkah questions (via iPhone 6S and edited on Pinnacle Studio 18 Ultimate):





I know what you're asking - what the eff was I doing to the speaker in the first video? The mesh spandex speaker looked like it was dusty with the light on it. I thought if I "wiped off the shmootz", it would disappear. I was wrong; it's part of the package. 

*shrugs*

The second part of testing the little hockey puck: Asking for the weather (via iPhone 6S and edited on Pinnacle Studio 18 Ultimate):








Baby, it's cold outside (but hot down south)?


I guess it's a matter of time, to see what else we can do with this Echo Dot. I know my mom wants to play various music through it, but has no need to turn on or off the lights in the house. As we don't have anything else enabled for smart devices, she's limited to what she can ask or do with it. For now, we'll just let it continue to blink at us, listening for key words and questions, while we ponder what life was like with out it.


Until then...

Cheers;



See also:
A plethora of "Chanukah, oh Chanukah" tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!