Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

"Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time"

Actually, I'm just getting settled back in, from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody at the cinema. If it's still playing in a theatre near you, go see it. Pre-order it on Amazon, if you must, but to see it "on the big screen", is worth the greedy Hollywood fist in your wallet. #Nospoilers but Rami Malek is amazing... he deserves any nominations and awards he can get. #justsayin'. The real cool thing would be if there were more record stores around. How about some brand / band collaboration and for every ticket a cinema sells, you get a QR code to get the movie soundtrack at a discount? Or at least able to get samples of the songs immediate to your devices? This would be a killing for movie cinemas and record stores. Especially biopics like Bohemian Rhapsody, and the upcoming Rocketman ("based on a true fantasy".... about Elton John)... these are great tie in movies to get people out and buying music again instead of always relying on automatic / streaming downloads. How can we get record stores back in business? A great collaboration like this. Enough of the redo movies - let's stop remaking classic film and do something new and creative. Sure, biopics are a niche, but they also get bands music out there. Film scores and soundtracks are great, at any length, but to get "a deal" on scoring the music for your [enter device here] would be just as worth it, especially after seeing the movie.

Look at when I went to the Roy Orbison Hologram tour - Julian Frampton was selling his 3 song CD for $10, but it also included a QR code inside the cover, to be able to download the songs to your device. This could be the way of the future - if cinemas got together with record stores and the QR type code was only valid in store, you'd get the album for one price. There has to be a way to get it to your devices, right? If you scan a QR code on your phone, you get song samples. Bottom of that page is another QR code - bring it to the record store, buy an album from someone on the soundtrack list, the store scans your device and bam - you get the soundtrack on your device (for a different price, or if you call buying a physical album the price, so be it).

Anyone who takes this idea and runs with it - please contact me and credit me. Let's work something out!



Meanwhile...


It's Christmas Day. Were you all good little boys and girls? Did Santy Claus bring you everything you wanted? He forgot my house, yet again, so I must have been more than a ripe Grinch this year. That's okay; there's always next year.

After a much needed debate, I didn't go into work today. I wanted to, but since the offices were going to be closed and there would be no one around ("no work to do"), I am home, not getting paid, but able to go out and take pictures of the Floridian neighborhood. "The lights are better at night" my mom says as we are walking the streets. "Yea, but sometimes it's just as interesting during the day" I replied.

So I have pictures. Not a ton, but enough to continue my seemingly yearly tradition of posting on the day a deity prophet seemingly fictional man was born. I've also got a video. The photos and video were taken on my Canon T3 (of which I'm still debating on upgrading... now I'm thinking the T7). Photos edited on Photoshop, video edited in Pinnacle Studio 18 Ultimate.


 

 

 

 

 

 








That's about it for now. I've got to figure out what to do the rest of the night, since I've got work tomorrow.

Be good and keep rocking out.

Cheers;



See also (aka the post title):
Queen: Don't Stop Me Now (…revisited)

See also (aka get the soundtrack for your rocking out):
Bohemian Rhapsody (The Original Soundtrack)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!