Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Kind of up to date

Well, I'm officially up to date with the Into the Fray podcast I've been listening to for the past 2 years or so. 

Actually, I'm one episode away from being 100% up to date, as I've yet to listen to this past week's story.

I'll probably get back to it once I am up to date with Rachael's podcast. 

Randomly, Apple Podcasts keeps pushing all the series I subscribe to, as a "listen now" and not in order that I would want it to be. For example, since I've missed well over a year of stuff about ladybugs (or lady birds in the UK, which is Rachael's talk) and my podcatcher wants to give me the newest episode of a series I haven't even started yet, let only doesn't explain why I should be on season 3. So going into the insect show, I don't get the opportunity to listen to whatever is the next episode of the last season I listened to. 

I know. Confusing.

What I'd like to do... and from research saying it's a glitch in the Apple Matrix because their podcast system sucks (this is what people say and I am starting to believe it with every iOS update)... is have all the shows I started listening to in late 2019 to now, be in order under the "listen now" tab from the date of last listen. Meaning, if the last time I listened to Aaron Mahnke's Lore podcast was in May of 2020, then whatever that next episode is, is played. Whether that's May 25 or  June 8 (as the show drops every other Monday). 

But that doesn't happen in the fruit podcatcher. They give you whatever the hell they want to, first. I could probably download Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music / Podcasts, or any other catcher, but then I've not only got to re-subscribe to everything, I've also have to maintain a playlist or figure out how I can tell the app that I've gotten so many episodes into the show. Plus, does any of it take up a lot of room on my phone? As I've been watching my internal memory creep everywhere because of random apps I already own, I don't want to bog my cell phone down with more stuff. If the podcatchers download the episode(s), that's going to fill my phone up super quickly. I don't know too much about it all, so I'm probably over thinking it and all the data for each app stays within the app. I welcome opinions and suggestions regarding this challenge if anyone has found a loophole or a fix.

I also welcome the suggestion regarding Apple Podcasts if fan children know the workaround. I don't want to have to download a new piece of software to listen to all the series in order, nor do I want to download each episode to my phone and place them in some semblance of order that I want, as that'll take up internal space too. 

On a 64GB capacity iPhone 11 with 33.31GB currently available. 

Yeah, I know. I've got half the fecking world to play with, as almost half the memory is still free and odds are each show I listen to (combined), probably won't fill up but 10 GB total. They all come out at random times. Why try to actively maintain it? I like the fact they silently slip into the mix as new and updated, and I don't have to worry. I don't know if I can handle them downloading to my phone in the middle of the night without me telling it where to go.

I'm totally making a mountain out of a molehill on this. There has to be some easier way to go about this. 

Someone want to please help?!


Until I can fully get this situated... be nice to your ears. Listen to something new! 


Cheers;



See also
Rachael's Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!