Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Monday, June 13, 2022

People aren't immune from this blog...

... But I do make it a point to change names, as the stories I tell are sometimes drawn from real world examples. In all the instances I give, the reader will either know someone like this, have it happen to them, or in a tiny case, the person I talk about is actually reading this. 

In any case, I have a story to tell. So sit back, buckle up, and get ready for a 2 minute read.

Seriously. It's not that long, so there will be no choosing of your own adventure turn page at the end. This is just a quick laugh for a Monday and I did find the situation highly comical when it happened. 

About two weeks ago, I had set up a big room at work. It was a 100 person lecture with microphones, a baby grand piano and the presenter was bringing their own computer. People were slowly filing in and the presenter hadn't shown up yet (which is sometimes the case with the guy. It's nothing new) and there I was, leaning over the second floor balcony, watching the octogenarians below. I needed to hang around because the presenter might have slight challenges hooking up his laptop to the system (again, nothing new). Plus, I needed to fill him in on some news (which I didn't have full opportunity to do). 

Anyway, as I'm standing outside the room, the elevator across the way opens up to floor I'm on, and out comes a couple people. This includes a husband and wife who I've made friends with over the last several years (the wife in particular, since we have similar interests and she's been a great source of information about all things random). As they are walking towards me, the woman is a few feet ahead of her husband and we catch each other's face.

Next thing you know, she's so excited to see me, that she booms out "I had a dream about you!" into a hollow area. Her husband and I look oddly at each other and laugh. I told her she "better be careful, [her husband] might get worried!" and he chuckled again as the woman stayed close to me so we could catch up. The husband went in the room to find a seat. 

She had some concerns about things and wanted to confirm the dream with me. Although she is not one to be overly dramatic and have forebodings, she just needed a little reassurance about things. I filled in all the gaps she needed and we discussed how, if she does that greeting again, people are going to start talking. Which wouldn't be so bad... you need the dust kicked up once in a while. It's an easy win. 

After the talk, she walked in to the room to find her husband, which I also said he's probably plotting something crazy at this point, and the next thing I know, the presenter has arrived and as guessed, he needed computer help / someone to double check his work / help to get him on the right track / to make the presentation seamless. I got him sorted, he apologized immensely to the crowd for being late (he had lost track of time in his last presentation, which was a 45 minute drive away), he forgot his phone, but he's all good now. Time to rock and roll. 

All in all, I guess you had to be there to gain the full experience. I just found it comical how the little things you don't think you'll run in to, can definitely make the day go quickly when you're not expecting it. It's great to have such fun friends that allow you to have truly random conversations and if they are with their person (spouse, partner, etc.), that human can take the joke as well (hopefully). It is always a fun time when you can share a giggle among the generation gap and walk away like "what just happened??" ... but in a positive way. 

Stay true to yourself. Don't question the crazy unless the train is at the wrong station.

Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!