Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Moment of randoms?

 This morning on my way to work, I saw a weird sticker on a car. No, it wasn't a Dead Head Sticker on a Cadillac, because I don't remember the make of the car. Maybe it was a Honda Civic. Who knows. 

But the sticker said "Please don't honk I already hate it here" and it has a cartoon opossum that is crying (I think it's a opossum?).

please don't honk i already hate it here


I don't understand it. I mean, I think I understand it, but I kind of don't. Is it supposed to be for the people who want to not scare the animals (especially the marsupials)? Or is it to not have to deal with road kill and make sure everyone stays within their lane?

I could think of variables to answer this question and definitely accept suggestions. I wish I had an answer because this type of thing confuses me. Unless I'm completely stupid and missing the point because it relates to some popular manga / anime or what not. The car had something else on its back end but the stickers were so tiny, I'm lucky I caught the "please don't honk", as it was on the right side of the car as the driver was passing me on the left. 

When I tried to image search that, I actually went into Amazon and they don't carry it in stock. However, when searching "please don't do", the first line of things that came up was "coke in the bathroom". Which is kind of funny since I have a friend (hi Tay) who is into music from the 1980s and we were talking about musicians and drugs the other day. I found the neon signs rather fitting because he also talks about music from the 1970s (another decade of decadence). 

I must say, if I had know these stickers were available when I was dropping PHWNH stuff in places, I would have definitely added them to the repertoire. Happy 60th Birthday, Eddie, if you're reading this, by the way. 

Still on the "don't do" bus, there is also "Please Don't Do Ketamine Off The Koala Kare Changing Station" items, which is more apt for businesses rather than the general use of not doing other powder on toilets. 

Either way, I've gone completely off topic from the original thought of the cartoon sticker. I don't even know what to word it in search engines to see what the meaning is. Unless I string "please don't honk" in terms, it could be snowflake related (don't honk | I'll cry via Amazon)? Is that the underlying reason? 

Like I said, I don't totally understand this as a cultural reference. There are some things I can admit to, where I'm probably the 40 watt bulb among the 100 watts, but I'm also the energy saver too. If that'll help. Other instances, I'm the most used crayon in the 96 count box with sharpener. I just can't promise there is still enough paper to finish the story with. 

Oh well, to each his own. If anyone cares to elaborate on this woder of mine, I would surely appreciate it.

Until then..



Cheers;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!