Friendly reminder that comments are welcome, but please don't link to other sites in your text unless it's to your personal (social network) page or relevant to the post. Thank you!

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Hurricane Ian 09

Please note: As of this entry, my posts are being backdated as to give “real time writing” for what happened during Hurricane Ian.


The posts will be mixed with personal thoughts, news interjections and random items. I tried my best to give times, but there are points I did not write it down, so you’ll have to understand that there may be some time spans.

As I typed this out, if I’m talking about news for some bullet points in a row, I am trying to keep them together. In instances where I am rambling, as I usually do, don’t mind the nonsensical freeform. That too, I tried to lump together.

Reader discretion advised (there is some TMI [“too much information”]).

Pictures to come at some point (over 1,000 snaps).

October 6 2022

 

11am – all the same news. I am just now trying to get everything typed up as much as I can, as I’m handwriting it all down. Everyone is still together.

 

Publix was a bit of a normal zoo. The buggies full of ice – obviously more people are without power than we thought. We didn’t buy a lot of refrigerator / freezer stuff because we didn’t want to go over board. We got bagged ice, 2 one gallon jugs of water, flowers for Joanne (A thank you) and Pepsi. Guess we have priorities?

 

1:17pm – community news – we “should” have power in 30 minutes. Someone saw a lineman and then the board president found out. Went and told other people.

 

1:22pm – we heard the microwave and fridge turn on!!!! Time to start slowly pushing breaker buttons that are turned off. Yippee!!

 

7:27pm – it was really friggin nice to take a (hot) shower in light. Sure, we are still under a boil water notice, but it felt good to just be bathed in vanity light – just to be able to see where I’m standing. Not that I can see any way, but it’s nice because I take my Coke Bottles off and I’m a few steps near Magoo. I can still feel some dirt on me, but I don’t look dirty. This will take weeks to go away – the feeling. But, I shaved (TMI, I know) and I got to see (kinda) what I was doing.

 

First world problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!